1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Looking at this single carburettor manifold, and serious about doing it but as usual, lots of questions??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151192630841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_437wt_916

Has anyone had experience with this Manifold?

How does the throttle, choke & air filter hook up to the VW carb?

That's it for now but I'm sure I'll think of more!!
IMHO: IF you have the skill needed to convert to a single carb. you have the skill to make the factory set work great.

Bill

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoaa man!

I have a great set of OEM carbs, but I just know they ain't going to be great for much longer, all I want to do is simplify this bad boy for the benefit of me, in my old age!

It ain't like I havn't spent the last 13 years building it into what it is now!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
IMHO: IF you have the skill needed to convert to a single carb. you have the skill to make the factory set work great.

Bill
Bill, what if the fuel circuit's in any one of his factory carbs are compromised due to oxidation, corrosion, etc.?

...who among us have the ability to repair that problem assuming it is identified as one?

I like that better, Sergei. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Why is all the time when someone speaks of Carb Conversion, some people have all the answers without even doing a simple skill question to the person considering the conversion:lash:! Then there's the ones who have the "Gull to put some down'' who have the passion to and skills and knowledge to convert our bikes to run properly on the Carb conversion!!!!! Just because people help in a post doesn't mean there taking the post over but supporting it! It's funny when people are supporting knowledgeable people on these conversions, praising them, then a few months later wanting to cut their throats,......WOW! If ya don't like what a persons says just because you don't like the way he says it and think he's arrogant then go back to your own place and quit being a HYPOCRITE !! Sorry I went on a rampage Cap,... but to the person wanting to or considering a Carb conversion, read all you can!:readit: Study, study, study and may God bless you when ya achieve want ya want to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::bow::bow:BOB:waving:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,898 Posts
I'd have some concerns with that ebay listing. One being that they show two different manifolds in the pictures. And one picture even shows the cooling system being tapped into.

Just looks shifty to me.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Yup.
I liked that Brosol I ran with a while back.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Broke, I looked at the listing and it does say 3 of the pics are of GL1100 manifold. The pic of the coolant tap appears to be a 1100 so that one may need coolant instead of exhaust like the 1200. Appears to be a decent design but form what I can see heat is just on 2 legs, maybe not the most efficient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.