Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my speedo has gone bad and it is hard to find one unless you are rich so i am trying to find another bad on to take apart and see if there is anyway of fixing the stripped gear or gears that go bad . i work in a machine shop so i can make about any part

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

I'll have to see if I still have it. Well, I just took it off a couple months ago, but can't see it right now. It's off an 82(85mph). I know I didn't intend to throw it away. It should be with all the bad 1000 speedo/tachs, but didn't see it.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

countryboy843 wrote:
my speedo has gone bad and it is hard to find one unless you are rich so i am trying to find another bad on to take apart and see if there is anyway of fixing the stripped gear or gears that go bad . i work in a machine shop so i can make about any part
I got one I can sell you from an 82 1100 for $125 + shipping.

Can also supply a free bad tach if you fix and send it back, in which case the bad speedo will be free LOL

Course I am joking!!!

I do have a speedo from an 82, about 68,000 on it not working at all. I also do have a tach from 82 1100. It sometimes had a sound like buzzing bees in it but worked, sometimes jumpy with needle when buzzing.
Tach smoked, glass is darkened, now needle jumps around wild mostly at full rpm while idling and anywhere when riding.

You want these?
I'll have to swap out the tach for a good one, it's on a running 1100 now, and find the speedo I took off which is around the shop somewhere.
PM me an address if you want them. We need to keep the old parts on the old bikes working, if you think you can help I'll send them along free, just try to help fix others if you can later with parts you can make is all I ask.

$0 + $0 shipping, Is that fair, or sound a bit high? :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Hey, I was joking about selling them, Free I was serious.
Found the Speedo that don't work, have to pull the broke tach though if you want it too.

Let me know.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

I have a complete dash for an 83 interstate lights speedo tach and gauges all work fine has 83000 km about 40000 miles. on the odo. 200.00 can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.