Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I thought I found a seat for my Goldwing . Know one will ship it ot Canada , whats with that. I thought you people south of us were better friends then that. Even Ebay wont . This really weird . I don't know what to do now. Any one have an idea.
:?

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

most people dont want to fill out the custom forms required and its a pain even figuring out shipping costs w/o taking wrapped package to post office and setting on scale,i would bet shipping tp canada would be in the 80-100 range,heck cost $40 to ship a medium priority pkg
and if its a ups package you could drive down to the states and pick it up cheaper,find a us buddy you could ship it to and then drive down and visit for an afternoon
maybe somebody here in us would be willing to get it for you and reship

either one of robins posts seems reasonable,but the first one is a saddleman and that should be the better of the two over a stock seat

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

I'm surprised. I've never had a problem with that. A few years ago I bought all kinds of new stuff including a seat, shocks, electronic ignition. No problems at all. Some places won't do online shopping to Canada so you have to phone them directly. I've bought many things from JC Whitney.

Your best bet is to ship US Postal Service when you can. No hassles, no ridiculous "brokerage fees" like with Fd Ex and UPS.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well Gofastandfalldown Try it now and one of the places is JC Whitney thats giving me ishues.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Neoracer I think you are right . Looks like a road trip this summer is in the making. I still don't under stand I thought your Pres. Was going to fix this cross board dilemma . ????

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Ya Robin thats the one I am looking for. Its the same as my old one.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yo ... Eddy. .... If they won't come to you then let them know that they are loosing business by not shipping USPS to you in Canada. A lot of these 'retailers' are no aware of the problems and will do it that way for fear of loosing business. If not, forget about them,as there are plenty of others who will, but id not, there are ways around this.

You can get your stuff shipped to a 'Receiving/Shipping Business/ in the states. close to the border. I used to do that all the time, when I lived in Penticton, BC. Most of the time the shipping was far cheaper (sometimes free) and lots quicker. The place in Oroville, WA I used to get my stuff shipped to (40 mins away) charged me $4/package and would call me when I had a package come in.

Doing a quick check, I see such a place in Sweet Grass, that charges $5/package, called At The Border Storage.

http://g.co/maps/mv2f9

Dusty

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

What are you trying accomplish with a new seat? Could an upholstery shop help? I also have a '90 model. I bought a seat off Ebay, but still needed more legroom, so have it at the upholstery shop getting it adjusted. Now I'm thinking I should have gone there to begin with instead of buying the new seat first...:?

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

eddy - if you keep checking Kijiji.ca across western Canada, you'll eventually find a seat. I've seen several nice condition stock OEM seats come up for sale, and a few aftermarket ones too. Instead of going mail or courier, suggest using Greyhound. Much cheaper, and they're not too fussy about packaging either.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Ya I like that Greyhound idea. The upholstery shop wants more than it costs for a new one. I am still on the hunt

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

eddy wrote:
Well Gofastandfalldown Try it now and one of the places is JC Whitney thats giving me ishues.

Here is a cut and paste from JC Whitney's website:

"Canadian Shipping
Yes, we ship most items in stock items that are not oversized to Canada. You can place your Canadian order directly from the JCWhitney.com site if shipping to AB, BC, MB, NS, ON, PE QC OR SK."

Also Corbin Seats at http://www.corbin.com. Their website says: "Canadian dealers and riders can now order direct."

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Busdriver I am quite familiar with Chrometoys That is who I deal with mostly here in Alberta. I am going to see them at the bike show on the 15th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.