Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone, I am new here and wanted to say HELLO !
I have a 96 1500SE just about to turn 100K bought it almost 2 yrs ago for $1400.00
I had to fix a few things, now have about $2500.00 in it , doesn't look its age.
Have a few more things to work on/fix but slowly, one thing at a time.
I am looking for a decent sidecar for the GW for future plans.
Thank You All and have a great day.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Welcome aboard, congrats on your 96. do you have an idea what kind of sidecar you are interested in. have you ever had a hack before or are you entering that world fresh
there are quite a few cars out there that will work good on the 1500 wings, however finding them can be a task. I too am searching for a new car for my 1800. I just sold my 1500 with sidecar last weekend. where are you located and what kind of budget do you have for a set up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You AJ1500, I live in Calif atm, New to hacks but not afraid LOL, later Ill get a dual sport and a car to go with it, few more yrs till full retirement and then Ill have time to get a dog to go fishing camping ect. I am thinking of single seat car for the GW as well as the dual sport ,fot the dual it will be a wise decision due to only having 34 HP .. KLR,
I would love a hannagan astro or similar but the hannagan will be way outta the price range. can't see spending a ton on a car for a bike thats worth $4000.00 or so. So new is out of the question price wise.
I am not too worried about the build or set up, I have a few skills ,mechanic ,machinist, welder ,electrical, have done body and paint as well, so I think I can set one up.
I am 61 yrs young and want to keep riding as long as possible. a trike I don't see as a alternative, lack of storage and no place for the dog. LOL go figure, I can easily see how to build the frame for a car, just need the car body, or a good deal. if You don't mind Me asking what did You get for Your 1500 and car? My first GW was a GL1000 full dress a 1977, loved that bike was hooked for life on GW's. That's all I can think of atm any other questions?

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
there are quite a few nice cars that are on the smaller side but still big enough to be safe on the 1500. most of the time you can pick up a used car with the frame and sometimes you get lucky and it has the mounting hardware as well. Jay at DMC sidecars can be a big help with sourcing parts and advise if needed
you can manage the 1500 without but I highly recommend adding the easy steer. it is well worth the money Papa Zook at Trike Talk has the best price around that I could find
how about a picture of your wing to share with everyone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P/S AJ1500 I would have loved to buy Your 1500 and sidecar looked absolutely beautiful.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Thanks
good luck in your search, if I happen across any in year area I will let you know
how far are you willing to travel to buy one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AJ1500 If We find a good one at a decent price travel or shipping isn't the end of the world, I have a lot of vacation time saved up.
I'm not real sure how to post pictures here yet, work in progress

1 - 7 of 7 Posts