Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i am looking for a temp switch that turns on the coolong fan for my 81 1100 interstate mine quit on me twoard the end of last year anyone got one for sale or no a good place around the twin cities in mn were i could get one thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

You could probably get a local dealer to order you one ( Honda # 37760-MB9-000), but I think it would easier and cheaper to get one off ebay or from a specialty dealer on the internet. I did a Yahoo search for the Honda number and found several options, both OEM and aftermarket. I would avoid ordering it from Sabre Cycle though.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

You can got the Geo Metro thermo switch route if you want. It's a cheaper fix & works well.

Do a search on the site?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks for the info guys im not sure what im going to do yet right now it jumpered just put a wire across the plug it works fine but the fans on as soon as you turn on the key got me by for the rest of last year was a little chilly goin into end of oct begining of nov lol but i got a bit of time yet since i live in mn and winter not over yet thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

no disrespect to you guys over there, i would only put the oem switch back, i know the are a little expensive, i bought one last year for the 1200 and it cost me £75, that about $130, it would have been cheaper for me to ship one in from the states,

if thats the first time that switch has been replaced, then its lasted 25 or so years, so a new one would last quite a while, putting a thermo switch from a car will switch at a different temp from the oem, jmho go for oem

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Yes, OEM is the way to go. I used Sabre Cycle, and was sorely disappointed, first one was bad, they sent another one, which failed shortly after installation. It is still in bike, I use manual switch I installed, wired into the connections on the rubber boot which fits on switch. You might try this, until you get final solution.
John

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

The statement " putting a thermo switch from a car will switch at a different temp from the oem, jmho go for oem ".

What matters is that the thermo switch is designed to switch on in the appropriate temperature range. They are all set to work at a slightly higher temperature than the thermostat. As long as its range is the same as the one you are replacing than there is no problem.

I've seen some thermo switches that will come on at a lower temp than the stock ones but never one that comes on at a higher temp. These water cooled engines are little different than the auto cousins. As long as they have comparible thermostats they all operate at around the same temp.

If you do go the Geo switch route. Run it through a relay.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

just got my switch from napa.it is for metro geo.number is 203706 all i have to do is wire switch in.also still going to use my toggle switch.:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.