Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am in need of the male end for my trailer and it is a 6 prong flat trailer plug,anyone have one or can direct me in the right direction,I have not had any luck at all.The guys at mother honda just looked :?confused.

Will post a picture of the female end on my bike asap.

Of course if I can,my pictures always exceed the size limit some how.................
Thanks

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Should be able to buy at any uhaul store or auto parts store or camping trailer sales store. Pretty common item. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Sorry about the small picture but I had to crop it down is the only way I can get one posted on here.

Well thanks for the fast responce sethan12,I have'nt tried the auto parts store yet,but I got worried when mother honda acted confused,I even tried trail blazer truck acceserious with no luck......

Plenty of 4 prong and even found a 5 prong at a big flea market but no luck with a flat 6 prong............

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Actually I do not know why you requiresix prongs. The bike itself should only have five. Unless you are charging an extra battery or running extra lights on the camper you should only require a five prong plug. I would do a light tester check to see what each wire does and only use the five wire plug if you cannot find a six. But I know they exist because I have seen them. There is a 4, 5, and 6 prong wiring system. I have a 4 wire on my trailer. I had to use an adapter to take my wing from 5 wires down to 4. Good luck

G

·
imported post

If you cant find a flat plug maybe you can go with a round.
The round are easy to find and not hard to wire.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Try a Northern Tool store, I've seen all kind of plugs in there that other stores don't have. Like Sethan12 mentioned, all Goldwings are a 5-wire system and most of us use a 5 to 4 wire converter for our trailers.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
I am in need of the male end for my trailer and it is a 6 prong flat trailer plug,anyone have one or can direct me in the right direction,I have not had any luck at all.The guys at mother honda just looked :?confused.

Will post a picture of the female end on my bike asap.

Of course if I can,my pictures always exceed the size limit some how.................
Thanks
You have a GM weatherpack plugs. Most late model GM's use these anywhere water may be present. I used them all the time building limos. This is just one place I found really quick that handles them: http://www.electerm.com/packardweather.html

It takes a special pair of crimpers to make the connection soild. They dont make a 5-pin, which is probably why you have a 6-pin connector. The next one down is a 4-pin. Do a search for "GM weatherpack connectors", you'll find more places that handle them than you can shake a stick at. Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I agree sethan12, I only need 4 wires but thats what it has on it,and if I could stay with the same, I was gonna stick with it.

Thanks alot da_bull, :banana:(mana added) I would have never found that thing.:headbanger::headbanger:

I found the whole kit @ summitracing.com for 11.95,It says it takes a special tool to crimp it but it just so happens I have it.

I guess the PO wanted something fool proof from the elements is why he went with this type plug.

Anyhow,thanks guys for the help:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

woohoo, mana...now THERE"S a topic to discuss :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.