Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Emelio Scotto will be filming a 7 month ride around the world caravan to be filmed. He's looking for a couple dozen riders to complement his crew of over 85 people, tons of equipment, 10 SUVs, 3 unimog, 3 trucks and 2 portable helicopters will also be part of this adventure. “CARAVAN, Emilio Scotto’s New Challenge” will film the world, its towns and the people who inhabit it. We’ll produce a reality show of 30 episodes and 1 documentary.

One of the most notorious travellers of humanity. Esteemed photojournalist Emilio Scotto went twice around the world non stop, and entered the pages of Guinness Book of World Records, as “ the person who made the Longest Journey Around the World on a Motorcycle”.

His record has not been surpassed. In 2000 Emilio was included in a international list of the 40 greatest explorers of humanity. Emilio traveled 735,000 Kms across 279 countries and territories in a 10 year period, on the famous “Black Princess”, his Honda Gold Wing 1100 motorcycle.
For more information please watch the video.

Honda even made a special prototype Goldwing just for him.

http://www.emilioscotto.com/default_eng.asp

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I'm really heart broken....:(

I thought this was going to be a post about you looking for more of those ladies you are constantly having in your avatar. :baffled:

Now I see it's just about some lucky stiff that gets to do what we all dream about. :cheeky1:

I do have to give him a big thumbs up, that is an impressive record.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I can hear myself now, to mrs ubw...

"I'm going for a ride... back in a bit"

LOL

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The guy is certainly a traveler but how can you call someone an explorer when they travel by road?:baffled:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,166 Posts
imported post

And also when they travel with such a complement of support vehicles and personnel?

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The guy is certainly a traveler but how can you call someone an explorer when they travel by road?:baffled:
They had a Calhoun GPS? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

My wife says that with an entourage like that she could spend 10 years on the road, too!:action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

It would appear that he set off in July this year..... darn it!!! he forgot to tell me he was going!!!!!:):X:)

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I don't know if I would like to travel the world today like that without support. We as Americans are getting a bad reputation.

I read stories back in the early 70's of guys who would hitchhike around the world.

Can you imagine trying to thumb a ride thru the wonderful Middle East now days.

I would just be content to travel North America and Canada for a year without worry about anything but swiping the plastic and riding on.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

"...a 7 month ride around the world caravan to be filmed. He's looking for a couple dozen riders to complement his crew of over 85 people, tons of equipment, 10 SUVs, 3 unimog, 3 trucks and 2 portable helicopters will also be part of this adventure..."

[line]

This sounds more like a bad job than an adventure.

6 times in jail, 2 times shot at, diseases, wrecks with dogs, pigs, baboons, etc.

Sounds like a night time ride across Detroit after sunset. :cheeky1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.