Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I have a 1992 SE and I cannot find a couple of chrome parts I am looking for and hope you can help (can find them for an 1800 but not 1500 anymore). Here is what I need:

1) chrome frame covers that go on right behind the passenger floorboards both sides.

2) Chrome bottom plate covers for the floorboards themselves.

Any ideas?

Thaks,

Scott

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Hello Scott and welcome to the forum, from another Puget Sounder. :)

I don't have a lot of info on what you're looking for, but if I understand what you correctly, the chrome plate behind the passenger floorboards came on the late model SE's, not sure about the earlier one's, so you might be able to find them at one of the salvage yards. The plate I'm talking about fits over the crash bar on the back, and goes forward almost to the rider pegs on the front. Is that correct? Haven't found the chrome board bottoms except on accessory boards like the Kuryakyn Transformers. Maybe an NLA item unless you replace the boards.

John

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi,

You are right about the part that goes around the guard and then up towards the driver peg. If it came on late model SE's then I may be able to order it still from honda although pricey.

I saw the covers for the floorboard bottomsyou are talking about but they only reference fitting 1800's have you seen otherwise?

Thanks for the help,

Scott

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

goinggold wrote:
If it came on late model SE's then I may be able to order it still from honda although pricey.
I saw the covers for the floorboard bottomsyou are talking about but they only reference fitting 1800's have you seen otherwise?
Not too bad, considering their usual pricing. Here's the part numbers for them from a 2000SE from Honda Directline, http://www.hdlparts.com.
COVER, R. -50731-MW5-770 - $35.78
COVER, L.- 50831-MW5-770 - $35.78

I have not seen the floorboard bottoms for a 1500, but would be surprised if they didn't make them. They still sell them for a 1200. I just couldn't find any for a 1500 on my quick search, other than on new floorboards like the transformers.

John

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

I used some Mothers Aluminum Polish on the passenger floorboards. Only took 10 minutes and now the bottom of the boards shine.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

Cyclemax in Ohio usially has SE and Aspencade ones for a good price.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

If it is what I think you are talking about they are called step covers ( chrome ) and like Narced said, Cyclemaxohio.com has them for 70 bucks for the SE pair.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

I have one that will not fit mine there are two types of them the one i have is all enclosed so does not fit the transformer passenger foot rest as this type is open fitting mine is right side and cyclemax has them this is the same as the one i have http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/742if yours is this type you can have this for the cost of shipping from UK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.