Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello im going to paint the bike once i get the new saddlebag, i know its easier to paint just the saddlebag but i would really like a new color on the wing, i want to ask those who have custom painted their wing on non-stock colors without stripes. to post or send me some pictures, i like the colors of the newer wings, but when i try to figure out how the 1200 would look like its not the same i've tried some photoshop and well not really good results but the bike doesn't seem to look as cool as the 1800s. thats why im asking for pics of 1200 painted on a single color, no stripes or two toned

plxx show me ur wing!!:D:D:D

thankss

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

I know it isn't perfect and I know it isn'texactly one of the 1800 colors but...it is all one color, no stripes and no two tone.

It's pretty close though...

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

Good job on that picture make over Broke.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Woooo. I like the orange one Broke did. :)

Vic, over on the 1200 site: http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/

. . . . did one in solid yellow that looks pretty good.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Ok so everyone wants to see gloss...not going to go into how difficult that is to create...at least for me. BUT...

I redid the grey version and shined it up a bit..

And folks were also wanting a black one...

Then I created a black version as well...

Then I decided since it was all shiny and glossy...

I added a little bit of bling...

Then I added some more bling and got real friggin ambitious and added a reflection of the extra bling....

However PhotoBucket is jacke dup so I can't upload any of it. So you'll all have to wait a bit to see em

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice photoshop/chop job Broke, now it just needs the wood dash, furry dice, big truck air horns and faux fur seat covers!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

( sorry folks, bit of an in joke that Broke will understand.... just kidding really about the fury dice etc!!:D)

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

hey nice photoshop work!! you got to show me how you did it!! i used an overlay layer at 50% opacity with no really nice results.. well it gets to look like chrome or chamaleon but wont work on other colors. could ya send me the photoshop file?

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

OK Photobucket finally got their act together so here they come...

First up the rework of the grey version...

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

You guys will notice I finally remmbered to put the danged Emblem back on the side cover. Trouble is by the time I gat all the painting done...I'd forgotten where I put the emblems after I pried em off with a rusty screw driver!

So I had to have a trophy shop make me some new custom ones. But they screwed up the order. They was suposed to do em in chrome...but the boneheads did em in gold instead. I didn't have time, or the inclination to send m back and have em replated so I just stuck em on as they were. They match the original fairing and saddle bag emblems that way anyhow.

Ok I made al that up but...I did "make" new emblems for the side covers.

Now for the fun part...

A little contest...

A little yest of your ...

Amazing powers of observation...

Obviously I had to create the reflections in the "new paint"...

William 86 you already know cuz I told you in PM so yer disqualified...sorry...

Anyway...there will be some sort of prize for the first person to tell me just what is reflected in all that shiny new paint. I will give you a hint.

"Storage won't do you any favors".

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Well i started to play with photoshop and came with this results.. i was really into the orange, but had to see it on the bike to make my final decision so i didn't liked it at all.. the winning color will be yellow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.