Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, question.

Does one of you guys remember the Honda GL-1000 ignition system, that works with ONE contactpoint and a real distributor cap? You only use a modification plate on the stock ignition housing, replave a now can follower, a seal and a distributor cap. You canb either choose from one of the two coils. You don't need teh stock ignition sparkplug wires. I use to own one of these gadgets, and the RPM's went all the way back to less than 500!! I did idel absolutely great and picked up the trottle like you wll not believe. The only problem I had by than was, when the clouds did covered the sun I ran on less than 4 cilinders. But maybe we do have better sealing equipment by now. Anyway, it looks absolutely great on a gold wing. So please if anyone knows a system for sale, PLEASE LET NME KNOW. I love to bring back my Wing to the 1978 period. I look forward to your guys help. Drive safe. Cees Amsetrdamned Holland.:bow:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I don't recall it but, I have a friend here where I am at in the US that has told me about it. I keep looking on eBay for it.
He doesn't remember who made it.
I've thought of trying to make my own.
I can't find any information on it anywhere.
Would love to know more about it.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
points or no points that is the question

Hi all, question.

Does one of you guys remember the Honda GL-1000 ignition system, that works with ONE contactpoint and a real distributor cap? You only use a modification plate on the stock ignition housing, replave a now can follower, a seal and a distributor cap. You canb either choose from one of the two coils. You don't need teh stock ignition sparkplug wires. I use to own one of these gadgets, and the RPM's went all the way back to less than 500!! I did idel absolutely great and picked up the trottle like you wll not believe. The only problem I had by than was, when the clouds did covered the sun I ran on less than 4 cilinders. But maybe we do have better sealing equipment by now. Anyway, it looks absolutely great on a gold wing. So please if anyone knows a system for sale, PLEASE LET NME KNOW. I love to bring back my Wing to the 1978 period. I look forward to your guys help. Drive safe. Cees Amsetrdamned Holland.:bow:
i took the points out and put the electronic set up in it was easy and the bike has never started up this fast

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
For anyone wondering, the pictures below suppose what was apparently available at some point in the past with what must've been a point housing adapter made to fit the 1000. I believe the guy that was telling me about it. Someone must know something I would think....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Captain, thanks for your reply. I am bending over backwards in order to find this unit. I did own one many years ago around 1980 or so. Did have a hell of a lot of problems in order to get the water out. The seal was not that good, but during sunny weather the system did run as smooth as a babies ass. But It look very nice on a Wing though. For that reason I do look for one. There was a unit for sale on ebay, but I did missed it. I look forward to all of your guys replies. Drive Safe Cees Amsterdam

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I've been looking into this for about a year now.
The distributor pictured above is from a '70's-era Honda Civic CVCC.
I'm not certain of the advantage/disadvantage of having a single-fire ignition just yet, but I do see a definite cool-factor in it.
My kind of "Bling"...so-to-speak.
An adapter seems not-so-impossible to make.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I guess it's too each his own. Some people say "they don't build things like they used top". I say "THANK GOD"

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I guess it's too each his own. Some people say "they don't build things like they used top". I say "THANK GOD"
Thanks for posting. Let us know if you find what we're looking for, ok?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.