Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am trying to help a member with his brakes on his 81 1100. Who have you used to source master cylinder and caliper kits ? I have found one source for a K&L rear master . If I read the Hondaline fiche there seems to be 2 kits ? Also on the front Am I correct that 2 bolt reservour and 4 bolt require different kits ? Some of the places I found seem to stop back at 82 models.

I hope you can point me towards a good source of these parts . Thanks

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

The 2 screw and 4 screw kits are different. 80-81 have the 4 screw and 82-83 are the 2 screw. The 83 rear MC is different also, 80-82 are the same. I get things like that from
GEORGEFIX MOTORCYCLE PARTS

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks . I couldnt find the 81 parts at Georgefix he seems to stop at 82s. But Partsnmore did have them all listed .

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi,

At the beginning of last season before all the salt had washed off the roads, I completely rebuilt my front and rear brakes while waiting for biking season to start... both master cylinders, all pistons, calipers, SS lines... the works. I can stop on a dime and get a nickels change. Completely love those SS lines.

I used the Partsnmore kits including the reservoir kits. They all worked great and I have had no issues with them what so ever. They seem to be quality parts that have been standing up well. Highly recommended.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Oopps I dont have the bike here yet and didnt think about the reservoir . Trying to have all the parts on hand when the work commences . Thanks for the reminder Tim .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.