Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a couple of part numbers that someone may be able to help me with.

First, is the "cable" that holds the trunk lid open. I seem be be having to replace these every year. Is there an alternative?

Second, the marker light on the right side of my faring went out. I got another and the plastic piece that hold the light was so brittle, when I went to pull it out, the plastic basically crumbled in my had. I can't seem to find a P/N for this thing.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
What bike is this for?

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1989 GL1500...sorry

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Bob
The cables break from too much weight on the lid and letting it go forward on its own so it snaps the cable. Do you have a rack on the lid and maybe a rack bag?

Side fairing marker holder, is it chrome? Then it is Aftermarket.

Like these? http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/79/3980
I have them and they need replacing as the screw holders are brittle.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WINGPILOT96: I really like the idea of converting to LED's. How would I get the p/n's for all the conversion pieces? Yes, it IS the part that holds the bulb and screws into the light housing.

newday777: Yes, I do have a rack on the lid of my trunk. If you look at WINGPILOT96's picture above, imagine he's on the bike and look at the light approximately where his knee would be. This is the light we're talking about. No, the cover is not chrome.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
WINGPILOT96: I really like the idea of converting to LED's. How would I get the p/n's for all the conversion pieces? Yes, it IS the part that holds the bulb and screws into the light housing.

newday777: Yes, I do have a rack on the lid of my trunk. If you look at WINGPILOT96's picture above, imagine he's on the bike and look at the light approximately where his knee would be. This is the light we're talking about. No, the cover is not chrome.
The LED lights I used was a strip of LED's. I had to make some changes to the light housing to get the strip installed. Basically cut part of the black housing away...not pretty on the inside. I purchased the LED's from meritline.com. On sale you can get a 3meter roll for $20.00. be sure to yellow leds for yellow lens and red leds for red lens

http://www.meritline.com/waterproof-led-strips-red-16-feet---p-72360.aspx

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Re the side marker lights, I think you will fimd that the fitting is sadly part of the fairing "sub-harness", and comes with the loom complete.( part # 32105-MY4-000 on a ' 93) If that is the case then you may need to get something from your local electrical shop and adapt to suit?..the LED idea would keep the heat down in that socket so it dosen't happen again perhaps.
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the cable harnes coming from Cyclemax (B2-281). I "think" that this should just plug in. However, long term, I'm going to go with the LED strips. Looks like I'll need the strip(s) and the end caps. Those strips sure aren't cheap!

Trunk cables are on order as well.

Thanks guys....you've been a great help and I appreciate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.