Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone out there tell me what the best helmet headset is to hear music through the 1800's factory radio. I am looking for something with stereo quality. I tried a Scala bluetooth headset but the quality of the music was terrible and the volume was not loud enough to hear much when riding around traffic. Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Which country do you hail from Ride Gold, only that will make a difference to the answers, based on what is available in countries.
If you are in the UK then you won't go far wrong with Autocom ones, they make ones with the 5pin Din plug, especially for the Wing's stock stereo.

I have a full blown Autocom kit fitted to my 1800 and the headset sound quality is second to none. I have tried a few others before Autocom and none of them were as good.

It would be good if you could edit your profile to show where you come from and what bike/s you ride.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pete,

I will see if Autocom will fit my model and check to availability in the US. I am about to take a long trip and would like to get something that is easy to use and has some great sound in the headset to pass the long miles.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
The Autocom headsets that are sold for Goldwings come with the 5 pin din conversion lead from Autocom's normal 7 pin Din and will work with all models of Goldwing that have built in comms.
Autocom do supply to the USA.

That said, seeing as you are in the USA, it may pay you to investigate other options such a Edsets which I have read nothing but good things about on here.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Headset speakers must be positioned properly... right over the ears and close but not touching the ear. The sound quality will be deminished because of the wind and helmet noise.
I am happy with the J&M sets, but for better sound quality, there is no beating a good pair of Ear Bud's. There are in-line adapters that can occomodate the small plug for ear bud sets. I made my own, so the buds can plug right into the helmet top cord.
For the best sound of all, custom fitting ear buds can be molded. Outside interference is almost compleyly eliminated this way and sound is excellent.
Randians has the kits to make custom fit for your ear buds. Available from White Horse Gear. $15

Corventure Dave

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I now have some decisions to make. I have been using earbuds and I agree that they do work great but I would like to be able to communicate with the passenger and have great sounding music too if possible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use J&M and have great sound and I have no problem communicating with my passenger. I just bought a new Shark helmet and am getting J&M installed in my new lid because i have had absolutely no problem with It.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I just bought the J&M mid-line. WAY better sound than the cheapy J&Ms. Mic is louder as well. Less wind noise also. I have no experience with Edsets, although the people that have them seem to like em.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the mid-lines also. The difference between the top of the line and the mid line was minimal in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.