Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello fellow Wingers. I am new to the forum. I am hoping someone can suggest a reputable mechanic in the Phoenix area? I have an 84 goldwing with alot of miles but still in pretty good shape. ButI have recently had some ignition issues I need some help with. I appreciate everyones time! Need to get back on the road! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome buzwrecker from Southern California. There are a few people from your area, but I do believe you want to post this in the General Motorcycle cat. But definitely start here with the introductions. Others will be right along

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks SpiderBob. Looking forward to info and forums! Jim "buzwrecker" Toney

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

AZ knows an excellent one in Tempe or Mesa I believe.
Give his old bones a bit to get going and I'm sure he will be happy to let you in on it.

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello Jim and welcome from Tucson. Sorry I can't help with a good mechanic up in Phoenix.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Hey, BIG WELCOME....this is a great site for anything GOLDWING !! :cool:

GOOG LUCK ON THE GOOD [& HONEST MECHANIC].

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Just saying hello buzwrecker hope you get sorted out soon Happy New Year.:action:

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome Buz to the forum from the State of Confusion......Kansas! :waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,155 Posts
imported post

Hey buzwrecker,

Gotta appologize for "ignoring you", but I been off the internet all of yesterday plus I've been building up a laptop for a friend. That kind of thing sort of eats up all your immediate time.

Any way, I can definitely recommend a very good mechanic for you. He is in Tempe, on the northeast corner of University and McClintock streets. 3 driveways north of University on the east side. There are two m/c shops there. His is the one in the northeast corner of the mini-mall there. It is one of those mechanic's mini-malls. Cars, m/c's, body shops....

His name is Mark and he specializes in Goldwings. If you know it needs parts, be sure he can get those parts. Or find them and have him put them on for you. He is not into "finding out of stock parts", but if you have them, he will fix it up to OEM specs for you.

D&D Discount Motorcycles

Mel and Mark are co-owners. Mel is the front man and Mark is the guy who turns the wrenches. They make an excellent pair.

Just one thing. Please be sure to tell that that John Craig AZgl1500 sent you over there. I get a free soda to drink if you do. :cooldevil:

If it needs forks or Progressive springs, he has those in stock "sometimes". The forks though he usually has a machinist make them on special order. I can vouch for the quality of that fork job, I used his friend's forks on both a '84 1200 and on my '94 1500. Excellent quality and cheaper than mother Honda...

Please be sure to call and talk about what you want done. They are booked up 3 weeks in advance most of the time. Also, if you want them to order parts, that gives them time to get them. I buy most of my stuff from them, it supports them, and they are price competitive with the internet. If they arent' they usually tell you where to buy them cheaper if they can't get them. You can't beat that kind of honesty.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,155 Posts
imported post

I just talked to Mel at D&D and told him to expect your call :)

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:12blue:Welcome from the HOOSIER state:1000red:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.