Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just ran across a GL500.Wanting to add a Hondaline fairing,and bags from a Goldwing.Once my wife is comfortable riding,I want to add them.Thanks

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I have a set of saddle bags and the hardware that came off my 83 . Let me know if you are interested.

1983 GL1100 Trike Conversion

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I had a GL500i about three years ago and the fairing is exactly the same as the Goldwing fairing of the same year (pretty much GL1100). You have to get the mounting brackets/frame from a GL500i to fit it on the bike though. Regular GL1100 mounting points will not match up with the GL500.

I am not sure how you will get the Goldwing luggage to fit either. The GL500i used bags off the CBX and the topcase/trunk was pretty much all it's own. Those factory bags are pretty small and the topcase is "limited". You can't eve begin to dream about fitting a helmet in either. I understand your desire to get real Goldwing bags on that bike. It will probably be alot of fabrication on the bags, but worth the effort.

I loved my GL500i and the only reason I sold it was because I wanted more storage and a friend was begging to buy it. They are a really nice nimble bike and the V twin is a great motor.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

ajclockga wrote:
I just ran across a GL500.Wanting to add a Hondaline fairing,and bags from a Goldwing.Once my wife is comfortable riding,I want to add them.Thanks
the only thing you'll be able to use is the fairing. the GL 500(aka silver wing) used a different mounting bracket for the fairing. the saddlebags also were different.the bags were also found on the 81-82 CBX,plus they were an accessory for the V45 Sabre.
Jack's Cycle Salvage in Sanford Fl. does have a set of bags.possibly the bag brackets too!
if you can find the number, pm me.

good luck

Robin

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I have a silver/gray '83 Aspencade fairing, no mounting hardware, no windshield, radio has been removed. No cracks that I can find.

I'd let it go for $75+shipping.

PM me if interested.

Mike

·
Village Whack Job...
7,902 Posts
imported post

I have an extra mounting bracket. It's for an 1100 I don't know if you could modify it for a 500 or not. I'd let it go for a $15 donation to the forum + shipping charges.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
plus they were an accessory for the V45 Sabre.
Yeah, I forgot they put 'em on the Sabre as well...

Motosickle, what are you doing at the ranch? Must have been a fun ride getting there. You have cruise control, right? Gotta love that speed limit on that section of 40 though.
:D

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

i have a white shoei fairing which was mounted on a 1980 wing in nice condition with all the mounting hardware. you can have it for $75 plus shipping. if interested please PM me thanks, cory

Edited by MDKramer for your internet protection. See post below.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Cory, I'm teetering on editing your post for your own protection.

I would recommend in the future that unless you want the spiders and crawlers to have your e-mail and phone number information, you ask someone to send you a PM, and send them that info via Private Message.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.