Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for ideas where to install extra driving lights on 1500 goldwing. What is better? Use bracket for bottom of the fairing or install it on the top of engine guards? Any ideas for brackets? How to do wires? Use separate switch(location) or turn it on all the time?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
imported post

I mounted a set of $20 lights from a big box retail store on homemade brackets under the fairing, in the upper corners of the radiator opening. I use a switch on the right handlebar to energize a relay that switches on the lights.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Just remember that you can only use a maximum of four white lights on the front of the bike at any one time. The two stock headlights, plus either two fog lights down low, or two driving lights that are better the higher you can get them, but not both fog and driving lights at the same time.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

if what you want is more light you should try changing your stock bulbs for a HID Xenon kit, probably after that you wont need more

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
imported post

unionjk:

Is that a California thing? The GL1500 comes factory with four bulbs lit; two for the headlight and one on each side for the courtesy light and that's before you add the optional lower cowl driving lights.

VLADRRR:

I don't think the engine guards on the GL1500 lend themselves to the mounting of lights easily. I think the higher the better as well. A switched source helps reduce the load during engine starts. I like the idea of the HID bulb replacement but right now I just have the Silverstar bulbs and have changed the cornering lights on always on running lights.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

rt66john wrote:
I mounted a set of $20 lights from a big box retail store on homemade brackets under the fairing, in the upper corners of the radiator opening. I use a switch on the right handlebar to energize a relay that switches on the lights.
Do you have any pictures?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

These lights are available from JC Whitney or on E-Bay(search for 2" fog or driving lights) They go for about $20.00 and are very bright, but they use a 35 watt halogen bulb (less draw) They come with a "U" shaped mount. I got longer 6mm screws and mounted them over the black plastic piece in front of the side marker light. This is the only pic I could find

Attachments

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Heres these......

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.