Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking to buy a motorcycle jack fo my 95 gl1500 and I'm not sure which one to get. Are they all the same, or are theredifferent ones for goldwings?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

check out harbor fraight thats where i got mine, also works on atv's

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I bought mine at Autozone for less than $100... there was no shipping... and the colour matches my bike...

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I bought a used Pepboys big red for $40 off craigslist. Used very little by a Harley guy who sold his bike and the wife wanted it out of the garage.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

I went with a Pitbull Lift. More expensive by far, but it's a whole lot more stable than the cheapo jacks, drops as slowly as I want, and is made in America. I can't believe how many people spend thousands on their bikes and then risk them to a sub $100 lift.

Here's a photo of a GL1800 on one:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

newday777 wrote:
I bought a used Pepboys big red for $40 off craigslist. Used very little by a Harley guy who sold his bike and the wife wanted it out of the garage.
The day my wife has any right to dictate what goes or stays in the garage... will be the day after I die.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Sorry double post...

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

HyperPete wrote:
I went with a Pitbull Lift. More expensive by far, but it's a whole lot more stable than the cheapo jacks, drops as slowly as I want, and is made in America. I can't believe how many people spend thousands on their bikes and then risk them to a sub $100 lift.
I found an air assisted pitbull lift on CL. Guy triked his 2 bikes, and needed ramps instead.

One minor item is the low ground clearance between the wheels and bottom of the frame. Slightest uneven surface and it bottoms out.

But you're right, once high up in the air, the bike is rock solid. Far superior to my old Larin lift.

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,631 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
newday777 wrote:
The day my wife has any right to dictate what goes or stays in the garage... will be the day after I die.
In other words, your wifemakes you live in the garage :yessir:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

Bashful wrote:
The only problem I have with the Harbor Freight jack I own is, I can't find the adjustment screw that will slow down the decent. Other than that it works fine on my 98 1500 and Scotts riding mower.
If you press the release pedal all the way down the jack s-l-o-w-l-y descends. Partial pedal pressing is for FAST desent....

Thumper, In all the current M/C magazines there's a Harbor Freight ad with a coupon for their jack for $59. I use it on my '97 w/o any problems....-Rich

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Wow Rich, I did not know about the slow descent with the pedal all the way down, that is great to know!

A friend gave me a haarbor freight lift a few years ago and I think it is great. My 93 GL1500 spent a winter on it and right now a 250 ninja is on it inthe shop. I put the ike all theway up and I can sit on achair when working on it.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

O.K, thanks for the information. I know you can look everything up online these days but I still like to talk to people first:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

my dad and i use ratchet straps, come alongs, and cherry pickers to lift up bikes sureeeeee we could do it safe and have a sturdy platform like a jack

but then life would be dull and unintresting just cuz i only got 8 fingers i got a story for the missing 2 lol

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
newday777 wrote:

AMEN BROTHER

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
Bashful wrote:
The only problem I have with the Harbor Freight jack I own is, I can't find the adjustment screw that will slow down the decent. Other than that it works fine on my 98 1500 and Scotts riding mower.
If you press the release pedal all the way down the jack s-l-o-w-l-y descends. Partial pedal pressing is for FAST desent....

Thumper, In all the current M/C magazines there's a Harbor Freight ad with a coupon for their jack for $59. I use it on my '97 w/o any problems....-R
Thanks for the tip, I must of missed that in the manual. :ROFL:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, one more vote for the HF yellow and black model. Mine's had a lot of use for the past seven or eight years I've had it. Too bad I didn't know how to let the bike down slowly for the first six years.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Motorcycle Jack wrote:
Your looking for me? I'm not that hard to find.
:waving:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:...now that is good!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.