Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone have any good pictures of the pporboy alt conversion installed?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

I have seen then on the site somewhere..But I am sure someone thats knows the site better than I will come along with more info..Good luck..I am kinda interested in this conversion..Although my Baby is working great so far..

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,691 Posts
imported post

If you do a search for the words Poor Boy Conversion

You will come up with 65 hits, bound to be some pictures in there somewhere.
I thought I had some bookmarked, but nope........

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Nice Job Terry,

Just a quick tip for the guys who need to see details better.

Or for us OLD Guys.

Grab a copy of his Pictures and using a free program called Irfanview you can zoom right and fill your screen to see all the details.

In Irfanview, Just hit enter to enter the Pic then using the Right Plus and Minus keys on your keypad you can zoom in all you want. The cursor keys will let you pan around.

Good Luck

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

EXTREMELY bad idea. Exposes the crankshaft and cam seals to damage and can cause strange problems in a lay over.

Avoid that mod like the plague.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

TeamGeek6 wrote:
EXTREMELY bad idea. Exposes the crankshaft and cam seals to damage and can cause strange problems in a lay over.

Can you expand on your opinion with some facts!

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

TeamGeek6 wrote:

out of all the guys on this forum as well as other goldwing sites, myself include, i have fitted the poorboy conversion on three wings, nobody has come forward including myself , and said that it does not work or its a load of crap, ive seen no bad things said about it, and ive never had a problem nor a compaint, so if your going to comeout with a statement like that, you should be doing your research through the search box first, type in "poorboy" and read it all

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

I've just started doing mine on the 1200 and will be taking some pictures. I don't know how much of a hurry you're in.

A lot of the pics on the poorboy instruction sheet are not that clear.

The conversion isn't that difficult (Yet) but it isn't like unplug one and plug in the other. There's a lot of fiddling and trimming.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

shade tree wrote:
can the poorboy installation be done on a 1983 1100? i have only seen them done on 1984 and newerbikes. JIM
I have seen it or variations of it on 1000's, 1100's, and 1200's. CYBORG has been running one for decades on his 1000. I will be doing the conversion to my Dressed 1000 very soon due to the amount of time I spend stuck in traffic worrying about my battery.

As for exposure of the seals to the environment I have seen a group of pictures from Europe of guys that run around full time without belt covers. While that seems a bit extreme to me I think that theminimal opening for the pully drive is a Extremely low risk side effect.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
Anyone have any good pictures of the pporboy alt conversion installed?
why would you want to do that wouldn't that spoil the look's of the bike a little? or is this a dumb question?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Some folks care more about function than esthetics:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger, I am refering to TeamGeek advising against doing the Poorboy Conversion, that it is an Extremely bad idea. He should do some research.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
imported post

"why would you want to do that wouldn't that spoil the look's of the bike a little? or is this a dumb question? "

Last edited on Tue Mar 10th, 2009 07:33 pm by drking

How does this spoil the looks. I ride with wing diehards who did not even notice it till I tell them about it. Could be my bike looks like crap , butt I love it. Gets me there and back home.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.