Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I broke a timing belt and whipped out some valves . I have found some at $114 for the intake Valves , and $128 for the exhaust valves . This seems a little high to me , and if I am going to do one side I might as well do the whole thing and replace all the valves . Could anybody give me some suggestions on a good online store for parts.
Thank you

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Depending on the general condition of the engine, undamaged side of engine should be just fine with re-work of original valves.

IOW No need to replace a valve unless it is worn, cracked, burnt or bent.:cool:

JD

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

yeah, what he said, take the heads to the machine shop, they can probably get the valves cheaper than you can, if not ya can always look for a used head

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

motor in great shape only 25k miles . I have the heads off and valves out , now its time to replace the bent ones

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

I can guarantee that the valves are bent,at least some of them. The most cost effective way to go is usually to find a couple of used replacement heads.
Lap the valves and replace the valve guide seals. Having the heads surfaced is also a good idea.
I allays get my head gaskets from
Dave on EBay . I would appreciate it if you let him know I referred you because he provided the gaskets for the B-Girl
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.