Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm planning on installing some HID on my 1500 soon. Looking for thoughts and experience with different kits. The plug and play looks the easiest, but you pay the price. Please tell me where and what brand you got.... what, if anything would you do different?

Any other pertinent info.

Thanks all!!!

Larry

·
Administrator
28,063 Posts
I put a xentec kit from ebay on Lopeha's 1500, seems to work great. All plug and play except for running a power wire from the battery. I did test the ballasts in my car for about a week before installing them because I have had some bad ones but it usually shows up right away or within a couple hours of use. I wouldn't leave home without them.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I also used the plug & play kit from Cyclemax/GoldwingHIDs.com. It was on sale at the time so the difference in price between the universal and the PnP wasn't that great.

I would have prefered a bit longer cable downstream from the ballasts. I had a little trouble tucking and folding and plugging while pushing the light assembly back in place.

I powered my ballasts from the expansion fuse panel. So I installed a switch in the line that hooks to the accessory terminal on the stock panel. Since this is only relay trigger amperage, I didn't have to use a large capacity switch.

While you're there, go ahead and change the position lights to LED in the same color spectrum.

The whiter light certainly makes reflective surfaces jump out. I can't say that they are that much brighter the the Sylvania Ultras that I was using but the Ultras were lucky to last a year. These at least are guaranteed for three years.

I would stay with the all HID over the halogen/HID combo. Just my opinion, but get those HDs warmed up and you should be happy.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I got mine from ddmtuning.com. I love them. Great price. Ask for the slim ballasts. When I got mine, I made a mistake and ordered the low beam only, and I got the 55 watt. I would suggest the 35 watt Bi level, so that you get Hi and Low HID's.

Ride Safe,
Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.