Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be a page with the history of Goldwings from 1975 up thru 2010. I found this very helpful. Where is this page now?

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
Good question, we used to have several links to useful information. No idea where it might be now.

·
Administrator
1,143 Posts
Hello,

I know we are working on building out wiki information into a cohesive section. Is this what you're referring to?

I can verify with the team tomorrow if you would like

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
Hello,

I know we are working on building out wiki information into a cohesive section. Is this what you're referring to?

I can verify with the team tomorrow if you would like

-Gerrit
What's a wiki?

·
Administrator
1,143 Posts
A wiki is a knowledge base website on which users collaboratively modify content and structure directly from the web browser.

It would be a source location for gathered information

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good information in that link. Thank you.

A wiki would be useful as well but not what I was asking about.

Steve had a page that described each and every model year including changes from previous ears, even if only color choices. All in one place. This is a link to that page which is no longer available: https://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaveO430,

That's a good one we need back. I hadn't looked for that yet.

I knew I should have saved that to me hard drive but it's the internet. Nothing is ever gone. Those zeroes and ones are out there somewhere.

Andy

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fantastic! I never knew of "wayback machine" before now. Great work.

:)

Now, ADMINs, can you please give us back what we used to have before the upgrade?

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
goldwingdocs posted the history on their site (look in Goldwing Chat)
Yes they did and I posted a thank you there as well. But IMHO motorcycle.com should retain the facts that Steve Saunders originally gathered in creating the goldwingfacts website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts