Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw this amazing bike in a parking lot in Manassas Virginia. From the tag it looked to be far from home !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

And the tag is from ?..........

GL 1100 block, GL 1000front wheel,GL 1000 faux tank, GL 1000 frame...Frankenbike !!! Done some mileage.

"Colonial" would probably descibe it beter.

Dave.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

It certainly has character. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Good for the owner!
He rode it farther than to the nearest Dairy Queen.

Which is more that I can say for a lot of the Goldwings I've seen lately.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
Good for the owner!
He rode it farther than to the nearest Dairy Queen.

Which is more that I can say for a lot of the Goldwings I've seen lately.
But it is parked in DQ parking lot! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

I think I saw this bike at Port Dover in May of 2006...

We refer to these as "Rat Bikes" in our neck of the woods..

Looks like it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

Always loved a good rat bike,have visted with a few owners over the years and they were all great people.The next time you run across one,take time to visit.I learned that in most cases each and every item hung..stuck,glued or tied to the bike has its own story where it came from and why its there.Pure people that dont need the flash of chrome and paint to to enjoy the thing in life they enjoy or depend on.
A rather refreshing outlook on life I think......
Thanks for posting the pic.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

Kinda wish I'd seen it in person. The more I looked, the more I noticed such as the saddle seat, double mirrors, etc.

One advantage is that you could leave the keys in the ignition in almost any neighborhood and feel fairly certain it would still be there when you returned.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

:thumbsup:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I love ratbikes, and have owned a couple, though not Goldwings. I like mine a little simpler, but really crappy looking. My last one was an '81 Susuki GS550, Had been crashed about 100 times, the gas tank was rusted out, so I welded together a rear rack from rusted angle iron, mounted a 2 gal. air tank on it, and converted it to a gas tank. Then I decised I didn't need the stock tank, so I took it off and tossed it. It had a solid cast aluminum solo seat on it, from some kind of playground equipment. The crowning glory was a large plastic rat attached to the top of the bent and rusted headlight shell with a cigarette butt in it's mouth. I rode it for years, the cam chain finally broke and took out the motor, and I scrapped it. I thought about ratting out my Goldwing, then decided it was just a little too nice for that. But I still intend to leave it alone cosmetically, with it's original patina. It is obviously well used, but not quite junk yet.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
Anyone else notice the bug on the radiator?
Lol, not till you mentioned:smiler:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

The original, " The Roadog".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

Its a limo:applause: