Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the practical world the looks of a gun have nothing to do with accuracy, functionality, and cost of ammo.
Yet to some thats important too. Im part of them. I wouldn't buy a butt ugly gun if its next to free. Beretta made such a gun intended for CC.
I wouldn't give it a second look.
To me the look of it is par with the reliability.
Does it matter to you?

·
Administrator
24,362 Posts
I don't like to admit it but yes, looks matter to me if I'm honest with myself.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I'm kinda old school. If it doesn't look something like a 1911, I don't like it. If it doesn't look something like an M1 or M14, I don't like it. I do have others but if I had to give up my Rem 700 30-06 or the M1, I would give up the 700. (no place to put a bayonet on the 700)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Being confident in the use of a tool is difficult if you don't like the tool for some reason - fit, finish, form or function.

If you think a particular gun is fugly, you won't use it as much or in the same dedicated way, and you'll be less proficient with it.

That's my $.02.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts
Same goes for a cranky tip for the air hose.
I have bought a few trying to find a good one.

Finally got a darn good one this summer.
now what to do with the clutter of bad air hose nozzles

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Really? Ugly guns! There are no ugly guns. Interesting, strange looking, different, maybe but ugly? Not! I actually like guns that are different than the norm and I would rather have and use one of those than some of the newer style handguns that are available now. They mostly all look just like the next one. So there!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, it matters a little bit to me because my artistic sensibilities aren't well honed, especially with respect to pistols. Many semi-auto polymer pistols - these days - look similar...to me. Rifles are another matter because I'm somewhat partial to wood stocks. Yes, they're heavier and can ding, dent, crack easier but it's what I grew up with. My first 'black gun' was an M16 in basic training (1975) and it didn't knock my socks off at the time.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts
1964 basic training, whatever it was they gave us to point down range, I made marksman with the first time through. I just remember that it sure felt 'heavy', that has been way too long ago for me to remember much..... I loved KP duty though :)
All the bacon and eggs and hashbrowns I could eat, and a roof over my head, instead of sloggin through the rain pits. ha ha ha.
that was because I refused to give into the sgt about spit polishing my boots, I said "sir, they meet regulations and that is all I will do".
Probably had that attitude because I grew up on a farm and was 21 before going into basic training.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts