Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I stopped at a rest area to use the restroom. I put the key in my pocket, walked to the restroom and did my business and walked back to the bike, put my helmet on and reached into my pocket for the key thinking I was proud I remembered before putting my gloves on. The key wasn't in my pocket. Checked my other pockets, not there. Must have dropped it somewhere, so I retraced my steps, didn't find it. Nobody else around so nobody to have picked it up. OK, I have a hidden key so I walked back to the bike and there was the key, in the ignition.

Reactions: flylow

·
Administrator
59,032 Posts
Oh,

Can I ever relate to doing that.

I remember vividly that while I still owned only the ST-1100 with the pretty girly customized purple paint job on it, that I parked it in the very first row in front of Walmart's door.

Came back out of the store, reached into my tour pants, No Key!!!

got off the bike, started to lay my gloves on the dash, and there is the key......
still in the ignition with the long girly purple ribbon hanging off of it.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Saturday I stopped at a rest area to use the restroom. I put the key in my pocket, walked to the restroom and did my business and walked back to the bike, put my helmet on and reached into my pocket for the key thinking I was proud I remembered before putting my gloves on. The key wasn't in my pocket. Checked my other pockets, not there. Must have dropped it somewhere, so I retraced my steps, didn't find it. Nobody else around so nobody to have picked it up. OK, I have a hidden key so I walked back to the bike and there was the key, in the ignition.
I can top that. My wife and I went on a week long vacation. When it was time to head home my wife was in a panic looking for her keys. Did not find them anywhere.
When we got home, we found them in the front door. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Do you absent-minded old farts really think you should be riding scooters at this point?!:ROFL:
I'll be 64 in three weeks and have done all of the above and then some, so this is DEFINITELY the pot calling the kettle black!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I absent-mindedly walked thru the kitchen into the Laundry with my empty coffee-cup, and looked around wondering why I went to the Laundry.... Coffee pot is in the kitchen.... :doh2:

·
Administrator
59,032 Posts
this ole guy just got awakened by a Tornado Warning siren.

just expired at 11:44 a.m. here in Oologah, it was moving NNE too fast for the ground chasers to follow it, they were flying up I-44 northbound trying to keep it in sight... tough to do when torrential rains are keeping the windshield sloppy.

turned the TV on to see if it had passed by here, but turns out it was sort of following U.S. 66, so the TV station sent out two ground crews, one up 44 and the other up 66.....

we have been up and down all night long, and been taking turns looking at our pillows...

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this ole guy just got awakened by a Tornado Warning siren.

just expired at 11:44 a.m. here in Oologah, it was moving NNE too fast for the ground chasers to follow it, they were flying up I-44 northbound trying to keep it in sight... tough to do when torrential rains are keeping the windshield sloppy.

turned the TV on to see if it had passed by here, but turns out it was sort of following U.S. 66, so the TV station sent out two ground crews, one up 44 and the other up 66.....

we have been up and down all night long, and been taking turns looking at our pillows...
So what is it you forgot?

·
Magic Moderator
4,501 Posts
I absent-mindedly walked thru the kitchen into the Laundry with my empty coffee-cup, and looked around wondering why I went to the Laundry.... Coffee pot is in the kitchen.... :doh2:
I've done that a few times. Why am I in this room? Then I go back to where I was originally and then I remember why I went there and what I was looking for. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
In one occasion I went to the urinal took my gloves off put them under my left armpit, did nature's call and after washing hands went to the motorcycle. No gloves. Went back,looked by the sink, no gloves. Went back to the bike, couldnt find them. I was ready to say, screw them since they were old and beat up but I really wanted to find out what happened to them. Went back again. Looked in the urinal. There they were. Picked them up and discarded them in the trash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts