Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

A few minutes ago after reading ricklaut's post about not being able to get his new bike to reverse without having the engine running I went out to the garage to verify what I thought was normal operation. I straddled the bike turned the key on kicked up the side stand and lo and behold just as I thought the bike wouldn't back up with the engine off. That discovered I turned the key off and dismounted. Without putting the stand back down of course. No damage done, no one else saw it, but damn I hate losing what's left of my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

hmmmm ........................ lets just call it a "senior's" moment, /forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif Mr. Senior Guru.... and no one but us and the other 1800 members will ever Know.........LOLOLOL.... but PLEASE .. we need your expertise... Don't do this when the bike is out of the garage, and running down the road .../forums/images/emoticons/sad.gif Silverdave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

had my new harleya bout a week and was in the driveway checking fluids etc. and funny thing... just kept leaning to the left... my daughter (who was the co-owner as she is a probation officer and it is a peace officer special edition) drives up just then.... fortunately she didn't chew me out for laing over OUR new bike, and graciously helped me pick it back up before her mother saw.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I turned the key off and dismounted. Without putting the stand back down of course. No damage done, no one else saw it, but damn I hate losing what's left of my mind.
Ah ha! ! ! hmmmmmmm :stumped: I hope wingnut doesn't read that mesg. :baffled: If he does your status as "Senior Guru" is in danger. :doh:And your only 63yrs young, what the hell will you be like :shakehead:when you reach my ageof80yrs young. :realshocked:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

I did that with my LTD, about June. The left eng. guard landed on top of my toes. Good thing there's a extra peg mounted on the lower part of guard. It held the horizontal part of engine guard off the concrete about 1" I couldn't get my foot out, tho. But I yelled at neighbor, and they come running, and lifted it off my pinkies. OHHHHHHHH, that hurt for a few days. Then I dumped the 1500 in some river run a few days. I figured it was just surface rock on edge of this particular driveway, - - - - WRONG!!!! About 12" deep. That thing sunk right up to the floorboards,front and rear, QUICK !!!!!! like. Had an audience of 5. Most embarrasing. Think I'll take a week or two off!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Oh well, at least this time it was in a good cause, anything to help a forum member!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.