Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For no perceptible reason, every time I turn on my lights, the taillights and the dash lights blow the fuse...I had this problem once before with my "after market accessories bumper lights". I put this on a separate circuit and that was no longer a problem. Now, my fuses blow every time I turn on the lights. Luckily, the headlight and brake lights are on a separate circuit.

Obviously, it's "shorting out", but does anybody have any particular experience as to where the most likely "shorting out location" might be?

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i would say that being a "64" interstate it would be a corrosion problem, however seening as it was a typo i would suggest tracing back the wiring on the lights and look for bad earthing or maybe wiring that has rubbed through, failing that it may be in the fuse box..............thats me out of ideas..........:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Be sure that none of the wires that are routed under the seat are grounding. This area is a favorite spot because of easy access for a novice electricians to grab a hot wire. Recheck accessories, often aftermarket additions are not wired properly, especially driving and running lights, one of which or both may be on that same circuit. That's my 3 cents worth.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

Dean,

As 2Wings mentioned, under the seat is a great starting point, not only for looking for add in wiring, but because you also have easy access to the rear lighting plugs, and can easily unplug them for troubleshooting. Just take the seat off and unplug all the rear lighting and try the lights with new fuses, if they still blow, you've eliminated all of the rear lights, at least all of them wired past the plugs. If it turns out that the problem is not on the rear lights, then you will just have to break it down to sections and eliminate them one by one.

John

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

I had a similar problem with my 1100. I traced the problem at the wires that run through rear light unit onto the mudgaurd. They are a very tight fit on mine and had consequently earthed onto mudguard. Every time I applied the rear brake it blew the main fuse ! Hope this is of some help to you.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

taffy australia wrote:
i would say that being a "64" interstate it would be a corrosion problem...
:dude::dude::dude::dude::clapper::clapper::clapper::grinner::grinner:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.