Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Tried to start if after a cold spell . Last start a week ago . Had to jump it both times and have many times before . When she lit she was running very jerky like a carb was loading up . This has happend before and a little more throttle would help it smoth out but she was backfiring and barley running . I had to use the choke more too to keep her alive . I gave her more throttle and the headlight got real bright then every thing was dead . Jumpers wouldn't even light the lights

What do I look for ? The main fuse is still good . I had to put a new celonid on & it came with a 30 amp plug in fuse and this was still good ? ? ? Haven't been out to light the heater but one friend , a mechanic , sugested ghrcking the ground wire first

Any other sugestions ? ?

Buddy Burks

Covington Va

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

The lights getting real bright indicates it lost all connection to the battery and the regulator sent full charge into the system.Did you have the jumper ground cable connected to the battery post or the frame? Check the connections on the battery, even the ground and where the ground connects to the engine. Check the fuse again. Check for power out of the fuse to the red and red/white wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.