Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok, be nice on this one. I think I may have lost the key to my gl 1100. Was wondering if one of the other locks would have the cutting code printed on it somewere? If not, I guess I could take one of the locks to get one made. :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

contact a locksmith if you have unlocked the trunk or any saddlebag you can remove the lock and bring it in, might be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. If your key opened your gas cover, that lock should have on the bottom of it a couple of letters and numbers. The numbers are the key code. Call your local dealer with those numbers and they should be able to cut your key from that. I would suggest taking that lock with you though just to test the keys before you have to make the trip back if they are wrong.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

You might take a shot at this and get lucky: When I was messing around with some wiring last winter I took out the right front turn signal, and right there zipped to the wires was an extra key!

Chuck

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

On my old 1200 the spare was hidden under the left faring pocket.

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

laff
I have a sneaky one. I made a gremlin chaser bell, and my spare key is the ringer. The bell hangs under my trailer hitch out of sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.