Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

lost key 1500 88 hotwire

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DBohrer 
#1 ·
hello, I have lost the keys to my 1500 88.
i havent been able to find an instructable about hotwiring it without a key.
searched the forum...
:nerd:0:)

#4 ·
, , , And get an EXTRA key made so you can "HIDE" it on the bike and never get stranded again. There are hundreds of places to put the spare, , , I use the zippered pocket that holds the "seat cover" at the back of the passenger seat, just below the backrest of the passenger. Ah crap, , now you guys know where my spare is hidden, , , which one of you is gonna steal my beast while I'm sleeping?????

Oh well, , all your bikes are newer/better than mine so you're prolly not gonna steal the beast, , , ,

#9 ·
found the key! :)
knowing how to hotwire the gl1500 is gonna be useful for next time! :O
had a bunch of extras done, but i am a bit clumsy! :) and left a bunch in california before i took off.
i thought no1 was dumb enough to pillage a goldwing, then methford (medford or) vandalized and stripped my baby. had an extra hidden too but its gone. they stole the key and left the bike.

#5 ·
The key code is stamped on the back of all the lock cylinders. A letter then two numbers. The fuel door is a good one to get as you can probably pop the door with a screwdriver with no damage. I wasn't able to find a local locksmith that wasn't a moron, so I ended up ordering new keys from an ebay locksmith, instead. The PO had only one key and it was so worn down there was no point in duplicating it. Getting a new one cut from code was the answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.