Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know I have just recently seen it in a thread on tiiming belts for the 1200 interstate but I be danged if I can find it. does anyone know, and I know someone does, the NAPA part number for the belts for and 84. I need to replace mine this weekend and the part number I get off the internet seems different than what I have seen here. Thanks in advance for the info.

Ritchie & Lyn :action::action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

GL1200 Timing Belts. A similar solution. This time ask for two Quinton Hazell QTB142 belts. They are about €8 each. I have fitted these belts and the ones for the GL1100 to many Goldwings and never had any problems or failures, so the cheapskates among you can take heart in this information! Gates also supply the 5043 for the GL1200, thanks to Nigel Jones for that piece of information. Mike Pelletier tells me that another Gates belt for the GL1200 is their T070. Dayco do the 95070 for the 1200 too. Another compatible belt is the Napa 250070. Also, Goodyear have their 40070. Nick from Ashford tells me that ADL (Blueprint) supply their ADT37501.
Remember that though the GL1200 belts are the same width and pitch as those for the GL1000 & GL1100, the 1200 ones have one more tooth. Don't be tempted to fit a 1200 belt to an older model as even with the tensioner fully adjusted, the belts will flap about when the engine is running and eventually chafe through from rubbing off the belt covers.

List of replacement parts toward the bottom of this page.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/GoldwingTips.htm

GL1200 Timing Belts Replacement
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1200timingbelts.htm

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Bagmaster, I knew I had seen the numbers here someplace, but I couldn't find them. I did go to the NAPA web site and the NAPA number you gave me is the ione that was listed. Now I only have to see if the local dealer has them in stock. Again thanks for the data.

Ritchie & Lyn:action::action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

He can order them if not in stock, may take a couple of days for them to come depending which warehouse they pull them from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.