Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Lost both the speedometer and the self cancelling of my turn signals at the same time. Question is: do these two functions have anything in common, and if so, where do I start trouble shooting?

Have been lurking on this site on occasion and find it to be helpful, but this is my 1st post I think. Bike is a 96 1500SE email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Yes, they do. That way, the turn signal doesn't cancel while sitting at a stop light.

Does your cornering lights work? I would start by checking the fuse, then the flasher unit.

John

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
imported post

You also loose automatic volume control on the radio. When mine went it was the plastic gear in the front wheel. It is recommended you also replace the speedo cable at the same time.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

hi there If the speedo cable is broken or the little plastic gear in shot in the front wheel. you will lose your cruise control,self canceling turn signals auto volumn control and your speedometer all because of a broken speedo cable or little plastic gear . if you replace the speedo cable make sure to lubricate it with a good graphite gear lube and if its the gear in the wheel also make sure you lube that up real good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.