Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey Good Morning,

Well it has rained here for almost two weeks now, So I was driving the truck to work.

But yesterday, The report was for clearing skies and temps approaching 60 so I took the 1500 that has been sitting for almost two weeks.

I opened the shed, Put my lid on and backed the bike down the ramp.
I then started the bike and heard a loud squeal, but it stopped immediately.
I shut down, then started again. But it was quiet this time, so I got off and locked the shed and climbed back on.
I pulled the clutch in and waited for the disc to stop spinning so fast and clicked into first gear. As I was leaving I had to do a u turn and leaned to make the turn and heard the squeal again. Then quiet again. I turned the radio off to continue listening as I slowly went thru the gears. All was quiet again. I made a mental note to myself to pull all the Tupperware to take a look at anything I could see and check fluid levels.

After about 5 or 6 miles I entered the neighboring town where I always dodged the potholes and road construction debris. I heard the squeal again and started getting a loud knocking from right below me in the Engine area.

I shut down the engine, Pulled the Clutch and clicked down to neutral while still rolling and coasted so I was under a street light.

I got off and removed my lid, Kinda Panicked and Pissed, Figuring I had to leave the bik e and get someone to come get me at 3:30 in the morning. I was worried about the bike and what was wrong, and where can I stash it until daylight so nobody screws with it.

I figured I would check the oil level now just because. So I reached down and pulled the right side chrome carb cover, Hoping I could angle the bike somehow to be able to see either the site window or hopefully the line on the dipstick in this sorry lighting.

I no sooner pulled the cover when something rocketed out the engine compartment and hit my square in the chest. I was so surprised I tried to jump back from my squating position and landed on my butt in a puddle about 5 foot behind me.
I didn't know weather to be scared or pissed and was both, I do know I yelled, and it was probably a swear word and it must have been loud as lights started to come on in the houses around where I was parked.

Well, I think it was a chimpmunk, But may have been a red Squirell. Either way Starting the bike must have scared it and when I first leaned scared it again. And I figure after riding to the next town the engine was now hot so when I leaned to start dodging raod debris and construction the squirell or whatever must have fallen off whatever he was standing on and touched the hot engine, thereby causing the Loud Knocking and squealing I heard at the end.

Now the above is just "City Indian" Tracking as I like to call it. But that's the way I seen it happen in my mind.

So It's time of year again and the Moth Balls come out and are placed all around the sheds and under my bike and lawn tractor, They hate the smell and I am never bothered after doing the moth ball trick.

Thought you'd All enjoy this. It's funny now. But it sucked having soggy drawers all morning yesterday.

C Ya

Mohawk

·
Administrator
28,079 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Now that's funny.

He probably chewed some wires unless he had just got in there so look for problems later on.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: now wiping coffee off my monitor. thanks:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Heheheh, Hey No Problem, Glad I could help you. Grin

Yea, No wires chewed or anything else I could see.

No trash from the start of a nest so I guess I caught the critter early enough.

I will do a better inspection in a few weeks when that white stuff starts falling.

I Just thought you'd get a snicker out of my Mornings fun.

Never a dull moment around me, It's like I am a magnet or something.

C Ya

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Here's a story along those same lines.

My dad started flying converted Stearmans as cropdusters, years ago. Well one morning as he was headed to the main shop some 30 miles south of our home, he fires up the Stearman lets it get warmed up and off he goes. Wel just as he got airborn he pulls it around in a tight turn and puts her back on the ground and QUICK!!! Engine sounded OK, so what's going on??????? When he got stopped and unstrapped he and the momma cat exited the plane at about the same time, he had to go after the kitten momma had brought with her.........:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Here's another one and I'll keep it short.

When I was a kid, early twenties, I put a mouse in a "Copenhagen" can. When one of the equipment operators came and asked the guy I was working with for some "chew", My partner gave out the can with the mouse installed.

Fortunately, the equipment was in neutral. The cans lid went one direction, the base another, and the mouse yet another.

I laugh until I get crocodile tears, every time I think about this. Floyd, if you're reading this, I AM truly sorry! ROFLMAO

Terry

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Mohawk. You made my day. Needed a good laugh. Thank you. Tony:waving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.