Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was inspecting my bike today after finishing it's spring maintenance and was disgusted to find a cut in my rear tire. It's a cut about 1" long that goes in at an angle and cut a flap 1/2" long on the slant about 3/16" deep through the face of the tread. Don't have time to order a new tire so will have to procure one at whatever price I can find around here. What a bummer, seven thousand miles on the tire I put on about last fall, looked like it could have gone anotherseven.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Exavid what brand is your tyre???

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

i to had some bad luck yesterday after having a very nice ride home from

work yesterday the side window on my van was shattered the lawn service

cutting grass next door hit a piece of metal rod and hit my window i called

them and was told i hit nothing sir ,,,, nice try pal,,,,, and then got hung up on

Bas#er% there is alot that could have been said but NICE TRY PAL that was

the wrong answer ....

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Byron,
That is on your neighbor. He is the one who is liable for damage caused by one of his contractors who damaged your vehicle while on his property.

Go have him make a claim for the damage with his homeowners insurance if he has it, otherwise make a claim with him directly.
His lawnmowing contractor is his problem, not yours.

No, I'm not an attourney and this is not legal advice.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

That's why you gotta stop and confront them right then and there while the guy is still on the property with the machine. Get names and IDs, the whole deal just like it was a vehicle accident.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Byron I am sorry to hear about the misfortune. I had something similar to happen to me and the weasel tried to squirm-out of paying for the damages.

My neighbor's tree service dropped a limb on my new fence. I didn't realize the damage had occurred until two days, later since it was at the rear of the yard.

I kept my cool when taking to them about repairs even though I wanted to explode. Finally they repaired the damaged section. As was mention, I would direct my attention to the neighbor and their being liable for damages.

Keep on Winging :bat:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

OK dont let us know what brand tyre you had the split in!!!!:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
imported post

I'm not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I believe that in Maryland, contractors are required to carry insurance to cover situations like yours. Other, more liberal states may vary.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
OK dont let us know what brand tyre you had the split in!!!!:p:p:p

Who, Exavid--he has said many times that he is wearing E-III's on his 1500.

Ya gotta pay attention.:cooldevil:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Twern't a split, twas a cut. Got new tire on and all fixed up again, just took money. I paid almost as much for one rear tire having to buy it locally as I paid for the pair when I ordered online. You really can save money when you have enough time to order.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Same thing happened on my GL1500front tyre back in 1998, tyre had about 6,000 miles. I brought my lad Dylan to a big Harley event with some other Goldwing club members and when I got there, someone spotted a big gash in my front tyre. It was about 1" long and 1/4" wide and very deep. This was Dylan's first longish trip (about 30 miles) on a motorcycle and he was under 4 years old. I had to crawl the Wing home after the show, worrying the whole way back. New tyre the very next day, no way I was going to take the Wing out again on the gashed one!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

wingnut wrote:
Same thing happened on my GL1500front tyre back in 1998, tyre had about 6,000 miles. I brought my lad Dylan to a big Harley event with some other Goldwing club members and when I got there, someone spotted a big gash in my front tyre.
Bloody Harley saboteurs.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

No, it was those tire cutting gremlins:whip:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Probably caused by running over Harley parts that fell off.

Time to clean up that yard exavid.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I put the new tire on this afternoon, another Dunlop EIII. The tire that came off had 7320 miles on it and looked like it was about 50-60%. It was more worn than I realized comparing it to the new one. I suspect that around 12,000 miles would have been all I'd have gotten out of the rear. The front is holding up somewhat better, still looks to be about 75% or better. When I had the wheel off I replaced the EBC pads on the rear caliper, they were down to about 50% with around 12,000 miles on them. Lots of brake dust. The pads haven't damaged or worn my new (used) brake disk I put on with the first set of EBCs last year. I can't complain about the performance of the brakes with the EBC pads, stopping power is good, a probable life span of 15,000-16,000 miles isn't bad and the fact they aren't damaging the disk is a definite plus.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Lots of brake dust. The pads haven't damaged or worn my new (used) brake disk I put on with the first set of EBCs last year. I can't complain about the performance of the brakes with the EBC pads, stopping power is good, a probable life span of 15,000-16,000 miles isn't bad and the fact they aren't damaging the disk is a definite plus.
Thanks for sharing about your brakes. I have got to put that at the top of my to-do list. I need to replace my disc because it has some groves.

I probably have about 75% left on these pads so the next change will be an overhaul. I am not sure what kind of brake pads are on my bike since the PO installed what ison it now. This will be my winter project for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.