Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello, this is my first time asking a question, I hope I'm doing it correctly.

My friend's GL1500 SE, Lehman trike conversion, is very slow backing up and won't climb any small hill like a garage apron. Following the factory manual I have found the battery is strong. I tested it with a battery load tester and voltmeter. The diagnostic procedure says to check the reverse resistor assembly using an ohmeter. The resistances should be between 0.12-0.17. I'm getting 0.3 between all three leads and the starter/reverse cable terminal. That seems to be twice as much resistance as specified.

The battery is less than 1 year old and has CTX24HL-BS printed on the front side.

What do you think of the resistances and do you have a suggestion of further testing?

Thanks in advance for your help

Bill:?

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. The resistances could be a problem, but since it's not that much of a difference, I don't know for sure. You should be able to have the starter tested at advanced and they could tell you if it's going bad or not. Well, that's all I've got, someone else can probably give more ideas.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Starter problem solved!
Several months ago I asked for advise on a 1500 that would try to start in gear with the clutch lever released. After going through the Honda diagnostic procedure many times it only made sense that the Starter Relay Regulator was grounding the starter solenoid "A" all the time when the ignition was on I found a good starter relay regulator on e-
bay, installed it and PROBLEM SOLVED!
The other problem of a very slow back up turned out to be two poor connections at the Reverse control assembly. A very kind Honda car Tech gave me some connector terminals for that repair(same as motorcycle terminals).

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome Sequimbiker[/align]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.