Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought on E BAY and just recieved a lower left Fork tube for one of my 78 project bikes, and it is a full 1" shorter than the ones on the bike. The Ad stated it was for a GL1000, and I was assuming 75-79 are the same length, or are the 75-77 shorter? It is the same diameter though and I am thinking this guy didnt quite know what he was selling. Maybe it is off another model. Any comments?

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

I cant measure them right now but im99 percent sure the 78 and 79 are longer than the 75-77. JB

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Yes there is a significant difference. Also if you examine the mounting pads for the Brake calipers you will find a difference there as well.

It is also the reason that there are 2 different types of Fork Braces for the 1000.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ahhhh..... I guess I ass-u-me-d they were all the same.....I should know better.

Does anyone need a lower left fork tube for a 75-77?

Thanks for the info!!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I know this is a old'ish thread; the '77 legs that I have are 2" shorter than my '78 legs. Doing some quick measuring, the '77 appears to sit 1" lower in the front than my '78, measured from the oil filter cover to the garage floor. Not the most accurate measuring, but...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.