Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

are you vertically challenged? if so changing the seat may be the best alternative

you'll have to help us out here

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum flybynight.
More info will help us help you bro.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

Don't forget to duck.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

My guess is Flybynight needs help with intercom volume lowering, or maybe the saddle or suspension. Wait until he gets back with more information.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

I'd say that he is just one of those fly by night posters that won't return to this thread! Get it? Flybynight!
I crack myself up sometimes! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

It's easy to lower the bike by a couple of inches.

Let all the air out of the tires!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

Nah...the easiest way is to get off it and not put the kickstand down! It will lower itself! :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

Removing the rear shocks and the fork springs will also lower it quite a bit! :D

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

BOYS! Take it easy on the newbie!

At least do it to his face. Never know, might be a pretty girl.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I have a 81' and i would very much like to lower it, id like to see about a 3" drop... anyone have any suggestions? air front and rear,... planning on redoing fork seals soon, do they make a short spring i could change while apart?.. and rears? should i just get a shorter spring shock or can i modify the air shocks? Thanks for advice in advance..

Attachments

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
imported post

I am pretty sure that you are stuck with the front forks as is, don't reduce the spring length, you wouldn't like the suprise when you put the brakes on. There are some that have shaved some of the seat to get closer to the ground. Or you can custom order a seat to do the same thing. But then you will have less cushion to ride on.
you can lower the pressure on the rear shock, if that is possible on your model?
You should be spending more time riding, less time holding it up at the stop light.

Welcome to the best place to get information and silly advice about your Gold Wing.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Add an inch or so to the soles of your boots.

Shave the seat an inch or so, specifically narrowing the front edges of the seat so the legs can go down instead of out and then down.

Use stock pegs instead of floorboards for the same reasons as above.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Hello Streetwing1, I lowered my 81 standard 2" in the rear with different progressive shocks and i slid the fork tubes up 1-1/2" in the triple trees. I'm not honestly sure if it's the best thing to do however, it's pretty low and I had to remove the center stand to avoid kicking the rear tire out on the twisties.It really limits the suspension travel in the rear too. I don't think I would do it on a full dresser such as yours- (that's just my opinion).

I did not like the way the bike handled and was experimenting. Thebiggest improvement by far was replacing the tires honestly.

Your in Henreitta? I haven't been there since- um 2 o'clock today!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Thanks Wingsound, a local huh? thats cool, i may need future advise :? I dont NEED to lower it im 5'11" barefoot I just feel Wierd when i pull up next to the boys and there all looking up to me,,,,,, I thought it might stableize the wiggle in the swingarm,....

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Gee 17 Posts and still no news of flybynight.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

streetwing1 wrote:
I thought it might stableize the wiggle in the swingarm,....   
I think if you have wiggle in the swing arm you may want to address it by checking for looseness in the swing arm bearing/bushings or possible cracks/rust in the frame, specifically in the area of the centerstand. Sounds like you may have something else going on there, IMHO.

Best wishes,
Steve

P.S. Nice looking bike!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.