Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What kind of grease is recommended for the final drive? I am replacing the rear tire and this seems to be a good time to do this...

many thanks... pauliedocument.write('/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif');

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Moly 60. get it at any good bike shop or dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Paulie wrote:
What kind of grease is recommended for the final drive? I am replacing the rear tire and this seems to be a good time to do this...

many thanks... pauliedocument.write('/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif');
When the 1200 was new the tires installed barely acheived 12000-15000k this meant that the wheel would be removed and of course the lube of the final drive and the spider was done then. Tires have improved and the mileage on the rear tire can acheive greater distances depending of course on the rider. This mean that the rear final drive may not get lubed early enough to prevent damage. I remove my rear wheel every second year regardless of tire mileage, and lube the final drive and spider pins and inspect the bearings and other parts such as brake pads etc.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Honda Moly 60Paste is what you want to look for. :grinner:

It's available HERE and I doubt if you'll get any/much cheaper than that. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

That's $3 cheaper than anywhere around here!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the tip, Dusty.. I went ahead and ordered a couple tubes from them.They had the best bang for bux, even with shipping cost included..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.