Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I plan on changing the oil in my Wing this weekend. I think that I will be using the AC Delco filter and Shell Rotella T. Does anyone use Lucas oil stabilizer in their oil or is it
not recommended? Thanks
Dewayne

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I used to use it, until I learned better. Modern oils Dino or Syn work better left alone.

One good place to read up on this kind of additive is a place called Bob the oil guy.

Lucas say right on the bottle that with modern motorcycles with wet a wet clutch that no more than 10 percent of the total volume of the oil volume should be used.

Go do a search for Bob the oil guy and watch what the stuff does.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I would use the straight oil. Youd be better off because of the lucas additives. Besides, Honda's (Nor any other bike) do not require it.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

Ditto above comments. Additives are bad news for wet clutches.

Just use a good brand of motorcycle oil. Lots of folks use the Rotella 15-40 product (diesel oil )and seem to like it.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Personally, I would not add additives to anything. They don't do that much to improve anything including gas. OK, shoot me now.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Guys! The Lucus is out. I am using the Rotella due to the fact that I drive a F-250 diesel and keep plenty of this oil around. I searched and found that the AC Delco filter is a quality built filter for the wings. Anyone disagree?
Dewayne

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Ldgat wrote:
Thanks Guys! The Lucus is out. I am using the Rotella due to the fact that I drive a F-250 diesel and keep plenty of this oil around. I searched and found that the AC Delco filter is a quality built filter for the wings. Anyone disagree?
Dewayne
While I might experiment with different oils, I would only use the recommended Honda oil filter.

DeDub

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

It looks like I will have to use the Honda filter. I went to Walmart, Pepboys, Autozone, and Advance auto and was not able to find the AC Delco or Purolater or any other brand of filter, except the Supertech.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

By me theres a chain of auto stores called [email protected] Strauss. I buy my purolator filters there. They say they are made in Korea.They fit fine and I haven't had any issues with them. fits in stock filter housing and look to have alot of filter area.,,,

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

I USED IT ONCE... CAUSED CLUTCH CLIPPING AND DAMAGED MY CLUTCH PLATES. HAD TO REPLACE THEM.

sorrry about the caps.

remember the wing as most bikes use wet clutch and shares the engine oil with the transmission

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.