Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

eBay did it again for me. I just got a 1992 Honda 1500 shop manual with the electrical supplement from eBay for $30 including shipping. I got it today and was amazed to find it was brand new and still shrink wrapped. There will be a few differences between the '92 and '93 but in the main not too many. On the selling side it looks like I might clear $400 off the parts I removed from my bike, good deal that will more than pay for the rebuilding of the brakes and the new timing belt idler.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
On the selling side it looks like I might clear $400 off the parts I removed from my bike, will more than pay for the rebuilding of the brakes and the new timing belt idler.
And dont forget about the Utopia Backrest. :clapper:

:waving: :18red: :waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
On the selling side it looks like I might clear $400 off the parts I removed from my bike, will more than pay for the rebuilding of the brakes and the new timing belt idler.
And dont forget about the Utopia Backrest. :clapper:
I'll decide on that after next month's trip. Right now I just don't like the look of backrests. So far the backbone is doing the job it's supposed to.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

I'm with you on the ebay thing, in the last 6 months, I've bought/ won? atow-hitch, fairing badging, topcase rack, voltmeter, highway boards, rear foot boards, a New seat and I'm waiting on a new chrome radiator grill to arrive.

(I'll have to update my icon!!!)

I sold my old seat and the price I got covered the import duty on my new seat (which is all I was after).

I hear a lot of people slate E-bay, at the end of the day you pay the price and take the chance. I wouldn't be able to afford all the shiny bits without it and I think it's a great trading place! :)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Any market place requires Caveat Emptor. A used part market is definitely someplace where cautionis needed. That said, if you aren't trying to get something for free and are willing to pay a fair price I don't think eBay is a bad place to deal at all. There are scams everywhere, but a little caution and common sense, pretty well prevents being taken. I generally trust people and haven't been burned all that many times. Without eBay I don't know how you'd find a lot of these parts. Where else can you let the whole world know you're parting out a bike?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I have no problem with ebay other than that greeen SEi that I believe I won, but the so and so seller gave it to someone else!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Brojees wrote:
I have no problem with ebay other than that greeen SEi that I believe I won, but the so and so seller gave it to someone else!!
Too bad, those greeen SEi's are really nice!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I know!! Isn't that a horrible story!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Hey Brojees :waving: You are a lucky man. :clapper: Dont you know that RED is the fastest colour. :weightlifter:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Hey Just got my GREEN SEI from EBAY...Kidding, sorry I couldn't pass up the moment..:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Jim wrote:
Hey Just got my GREEN SEI from EBAY...Kidding, sorry I couldn't pass up the moment..:waving:
That's okay, the one Brojees likes to harass me about was my previous bike a very pretty 1986 SEI. If I had half enough money for a 1800, I'd have kept the SEI and got me a 1500 Aspy to go along with it. That way I could have one in the shop for tinkering and one to ride.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Having a stripped Gl1200i I wish now I would have looked around more for a more equipped one. Buying these parts even on ebay get $$$$ I'm in the process of getting tyres and tunes. I really had hopped to get the new Elite 3 tyres but they are taking way to long to release them. My back tyre is in need, the front I would get another season but I figured best not wait. I'm looking into the metzlers from other posts on this site. Although I really do like the RWLs..:cheeky1:

Plain :12grey: with no tunes yet.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jim wrote:
I'm in the process of getting tyres. I really had hopped to get the new Elite 3 tyres but they are taking way to long to release them. I'm looking into the metzlers from other posts on this site. Although I really do like the RWLs.
Hey Jim :waving: I would strongly reccommend Bridgestones for your :12grey:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

E-Bay very lucritive, the owner is building a 70,000 sq ft house in Las Vegas !

Been there a few times with my work !

He should name a "Wing" of it after us !

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

More power to him! Amazing to think hestarted eBay to sell off some of his wife's Beanie Babies! No wonder I don't have any money, I was always one of those stiffs who got up went to work every day for over 40 years. Never had a good idea about making money. On the other hand I do have the ability to spend it!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

[/quote]
Hey Jim :waving: I would strongly reccommend Bridgestones for your :12grey:

:walker: :18red: :walker:
[/quote]

really I thought Bridgestones had cupping problems?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

My eBay auction ended this afternoon, sold 7 Goldwing items all but one were accessories that I didn't want on my 1500 and one was a luggage rack that came with my 1200 that I never used. I can see why people part out bikes now, I got over twice as much as I'd thought those items would bring. Without the broad exposure that eBay provides there's little chance I'd have gotten muchfrom all that stuff.

:jumper:

:goofygrin:So Wingdawg 101 quit banging your head on that computer and thank the gentleman for me when you pass his house!:goofygrin:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jim wrote:
[/quote]I thought Bridgestones had cupping problems?

Hey Jim :waving: Dont have that problem here. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

At the last minute, I decided to put Bridgestone Spitfire S11's on my 1984 GL1200A - partly because Redwing was so persuasive, partly because a fellow 'Winger had used them for several years with good results and partly because they were priced better than the Metzler Me880's I almost bought. Must say, they look good. Can't wait to get on the road and try them out. Yes, I'll take it easy for the first 100 km to get the greasy stuff off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.