Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I've seen these for sale on UK Ebay. They look quite handy. We're offcamping inEurope in a couple of weeks -last time we camped itseemed to be a pain loading and unloading panniers and top-box, especially in a different place every night. My FJ12 has removable panniers and they're ace for taking off and bringing into the tent.

Has anybody usedthese bags or anything similar? What are your views and opinions? (on the bags, not the Europeans ;))

Ta!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I have bags like that for my 1800 and they worked very good and I liked them a lot, but I pack them in my trailer now that I pull one.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

Redorzed, I have just the ones for the bags and they work great, makes it easy work when you get to motel and they offer some water protection. Mel

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

You can still find bags like those for the 1100's also if you search hard enough for them. I'd love to have a set for mine.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well, I'm quite easily swayed. So I've ordered some :) I'll let y'all know how they work out :)

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

Get them....... I paid about 70 quid for mine, and THEY were worth every penny....

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

think at the price they seem to be a bargain, i use some on the bike but the ones i have are too big and when you are married to someone who thinks a bag is not full until you cannot get the zip up they then dont fit, but they seem to be good proportions

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

derekhendry wrote:
think at the price they seem to be a bargain, i use some on the bike but the ones i have are too big and when you are married to someone who thinks a bag is not full until you cannot get the zip up they then dont fit, but they seem to be good proportions
Grasshopper, the secret is not in the bagfill , but in the...( I lost my train of thought ).... Oh yes! It's whether the bag fits in the saddlebag.

Does that sound right to you?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

redorzed wrote:
Bondy wrote:
Get them....... I paid about 70 quid for mine, and THEY were worth every penny....
what make were yours?
HOPNEL, Got them from a bike shop in Yorkshire, not the cheapest place , but he had them in stock, used them a few times now touring and would not be without them, perfect fit too,

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

derekhendry wrote:
My pal bought the Hopnel bags for an 1800, they were a tad big I would say.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

derekhendry wrote:
when you are married to someone who thinks a bag is not full until you cannot get the zip up they then dont fit, but they seem to be good proportions
You could always try doing the packing Derek. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I have two bags that fit over the tire in the trunk for each of our toiletries. The rest of the trunk I leave for individual things. Jackets, purses, shoes, etc. Too many bags seem to take up more room than they should. I do have an additional leather bag I use on top of the luggage rack, and important stuff in the bike trunk. I had all the bags when we first started out traveling, but what a pain. I get the bag on top, everything else is the bosses. So that works out at 9 cubic feet for the boss, and 2 for me. It works.:clapper:

Important note: I always do the packing no ands, ifs, or buts.:behead:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

derekhendry wrote:
Hey, Derek, I have one of those packing models as well. Must be the new and improved one though, because she believes if the bag don't fit is just means that you haven't slammed the lid hard enough! It is amazing the amount of stuff that they can get into that tiny space.

Do like the bags on a trip, much easier at the motels.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
So that works out at 9 cubic feet for the boss, and 2 for me. It works.:clapper:
Sounds about the right ratio:action::action:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Well, the bags arrived Friday morning. Tried them on the Wing yesterday while doing some other work - they seem OK, slightly smaller than the topbox / panniers, so should be able to chuck stuff in and still be able to get them out :)

I'll try & do a better review after they've been used in anger ;)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I use these bags every trip I have been on. The key is not to over stuff them beyond
their normal width. If you do the pannier(UK) saddlebag(US) lids will not close.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
You can still find bags like those for the 1100's also if you search hard enough for them. I'd love to have a set for mine.
Thats what is great about this site,everything is easy with all these helpful members.

http://hondagoldwings.com/has them for the 1100 for 79 bucks...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.