Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking to add Interstate luggage to my 81'1100 standard. I've found someone who is willing to sell, and wants to include the huge mounting "cage" that comes with it. I'm wondering if there is a more low profile way to attach the saddlebags - I'm assuming the trunk bolts on to the stock rear rack? In any case, just wanted to see about any other mounts/attachments that might be available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive my ignorance, but are stock mounts included as a part of the cage mount, or are these something I would have to source separately?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, what I meant to ask is, since the cage is especially big and bulky, are there options for more low profile stock/hidden mounts for the 1100? I was assuming so, as I've seen stock saddlebags attached to an 1100 without the "cage" as a part of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've attached 2 pics of the "cage" I'm referring to which wraps around the bottom of the entire rear end of the bike. I'm not sure about the technical name for it. But in any case, I'd rather just buy the luggage for sale without this huge contraption and source regular mounts for the bags and topcase, like whatever is being used in the pics you posted above. If you have any links to what these look like, it would be much appreciated.

f1983_HONDA_GOLDWING_price_reduced__1995__5bb6ad8b166de.jpeg

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
The pics I posted were Honda pics. The way the bikes came from the factory. The stuff you are referring to is aftermarket. That is not "support" for the bags but just dead weight.

I think these are the 2 pieces you need, but I have no experience with an 1100, so please wait for confirmation before buying.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
My 1200 has that cage too.I'm thinking about leaving it off when I put the bike back together

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Alaskan Explorer on a Valk
581 Posts
The saddle bags are attached with one piece. (The part you are asking about) the bar at the back with the lights? NO that is not needed for the bags. it is a seperate accessory.

Here is the mount you are looking for. This is just for the saddle bags.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the heads up. Could you point me towards the proper rack needed for the trunk? I'm seeing all different kinds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts