Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the help and advice I have been given for my 79 g/w on this forum. I have sold/traded my wing for a 1980 CM400 and a 1987 Yamaha Venture Royale. For the old wing and a few bucks, I figured it was pretty hard to go wrong. I am now looking for a good site for the Venture aand the CM if anyone knows of one! I have a few parts left over like carbs and other little misc stuff that I will be disposing of if there is any interest.

Again, thank you.

Gilles

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Gilles wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the help and advice I have been given for my 79 g/w on this forum. I have sold/traded my wing for a 1980 CM400 and a 1987 Yamaha Venture Royale.
Don't say goodbye just yet. Most VR owners end up buying GL1200s or GL1500s after a while. Just watch the exhausts on the Venture. They rot as quick as anything and so do the collectors and are even more expensive than OEM Honda ones for the Wing! :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Gilles, :( Good luck with your new venture.:cooldj: Drop in now and again and say hello. :grinner:Maybe some day you might ride a wing again.:clapper:Slan leat (goodbye) :waving:

:18red::18red::18red::18red: :18liteblue::18green::18white::18blue:

Wingnut Redwing Wexman Littlejohn. ??? ??? ??? ???

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Gilles wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the help and advice I have been given for my 79 g/w on this forum....
I know how you feel Gilles. These guys saved my hide twice, the most recent just today with my carburrettor problem. I owe them a drink at least when I see them around at the rallies.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I may yet ride a wing, but at a total cost of 4000$cdn for both the CM and the Venture and an offer of 2500 for my old wing it was hard to say no. I really wanted an 88 and up wing with the reverse but alas the cost factor was too high for me to bear at this point. Who knows what the future will bring though. Would someone remind me why I had four kids and two of them are in University at the same time. Other considerations were 25th wed anniversary this week and the wife wants to go on a trip. We should go to Ireland where her grandparents are from and do a motorcycle tour! Hmm....I think I'll ponder this one..... and save it for another time!

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Good luck Gilles... We'll miss you. Drop in once in a while just for sh--s & giggles.. These guys are always up to something and you know how they love to make you laugh.. Renegade :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Gilles wrote:
I may yet ride a wing, I really wanted an 88 and up wing with the reverse but alas the cost factor was too high for me to bear at this point. Would someone remind me why I had four kids and two of them are in University at the same time, and the wife wants to go on a trip. We should go to Ireland where her grandparents are from and do a motorcycle tour! Hmm....
Hey Gilles, Yep !I have some of your problems, :crying:two bears at university, wife wants to go on a world cruise etc ! etc ! etc ! :stumped: I just marched into my friendly bank manager and he did the rest, :gunhead:I dont know where he gets all the bucks but thats his problem, :grinner: I still ride my :18red:

Keep in touch and drop in and say hello. :waving:

:18red::walker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.