Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow! that was cool, but I have to make the ending a bit different. The only Apple I had was a Apple 2C+

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The only kind of apples I like much are Fujis.

·
Premium Member
62,987 Posts
imported post

Never trust an Apple, could be full of worms or some other strange thing.......

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

OS X rules!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Apple computers and OS are for the non-adventurous appliance users. PCs are more fun 'cause you can cut and past and rig up your own combinations of motherboards, CPUs, memory, drives and all that. If it's hacking you're worried about a PC running Linux is probably as secure or more so than an Apple machines, since it's the size of the market share that makes PCs more vulnerable to hacking. I don't really believe Apple computers are that much more inherently secure it's just they don't offer as much disruption for the effort for sociopathic fools.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Its not just about security, Paul. The way the file structure is set up, the way they deal with fonts, the way they process, is wonderful for so many things.

From a graphics point of view, its the ONLY way. If it werent for having to start over on software, I would have a mac at home, rather than this pc, regardless of what it is loaded with-linux, or whatever.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
once you go mac, you never go back.
Beg to differ with you Dick.

Started with the damn things, still have a G4 Powerbook laptop,

nothing but a piece of aggravation.

As foul as Vista is, it is better than that G4 OS10.x. None of the commands are in the right place, it is slower than it should be for the processor speed it has. Updates are a nightmare.

I wish XP were still being updated, but it seems that is out of the picture now.
Windows 7 is a joke also.

I've got Linux on one of my laptops, I just may have to get better used to that. The real problem is, I have all the commands and features memorized that I need. Changing to any OS other than Windows is going to be a pain in the ass.

Funny Story. I remember back in the middle '80s saying to myself and anyone else that would listen. Why don't all of these people who write software get together and agree on the same keystrokes to make software do the same thing? It is just as true today and it was then.

Copy a block of text? Control-C should be the keystroke regardless of the OS or application that you are using.

If the programmers would ever understand that simple little thought, they would sell a lot more software and applications.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

All that video said to me was mac has to cheat to be better. That a mac and pc of comparable ability are compared the biggest difference is price. Shrugs, it was cool video...but I still won't ever use a mac.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Had an Apple, Apple Plus, Mac and iMac. Loved 'em all. :waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.