Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Finally made it home at 3:00 a.m. We had awonderful supper in Springfield Ohio with Scotthohio and his wife and friend and then left about 6:00 p.m. with intentions of pushing all the way home. At a rest stop in Pennsylvania on I-90 around midnight we came upon 2 young fellows (25ish) on BMW's. One of the bikes had quit on the highway about 5:00 and these guys were trying to figure out how to get home to Buffao. The one guy jokingly asked if there was room for one more on my trailer. I told him it would fit a lot better if that Goldwing was off the trailer. We unloaded the Goldwing and loaded the BMW and I got to ride the last 110 miles to Buffalo with the other BMW. I think this guy is going to trade his BMW for a Honda at the first opportunity.

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

Welcome Home Bob and nice job helping other motorcyclists! ;)

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you two got home. We really enjoyed meeting the time we spent with you and Anita. Hopefully we will see you next year eh.:dude:

They say what comes around goes around. Karma should be smiling on you!

Are the Trickys still on the Road?:action:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Now that is a "Good Deed",,,,,,, really shows what us wingers are all about.

Glad your home safe.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Now that is a "Good Deed",,,,,,, really shows what us wingers are all about.

Glad your home safe.
Not two many people get to do a good deed and get to ride as a result of it. Honda should thank you for the probable upcoming sales. Glad to hear you are home safe.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

We would have helped even if the guys were riding Harleys. :cooldevil: The lsat thing I heard the guy say when we were leaving was "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". Patty, we would have stopped and said HI, but we had to get those BMW guys home.:shock: They lived just off William St. in Buffalo so it wasn't too far out of the way. They go to the bike show every year in Toront so I gave him my info and told him to be sure and call and we'll hook up for the show. I think he's going this year to buy a new Honda. :action:

Eh!

CLPete, tell your wife we'll get the moose in the mail soon. I have to wait for the weekend when my daughter is working at the souvenir shop to pick it up. If she's there I get a healthy discount.

The Trisky's are still on the road somewhere. Those damn retired guys got all the time in the world. I should be retired by NASSIR 6.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
imported post

The trailer turned out to be very useful, and you got to ride some too.
Driving takes all the fun out of it.:D
Bob is always willing to help out someone else. :bowing:

Even if it means riding the same 130 miles every day. :cheeky1:

Thank you for all your help.

Now go eat your cornbread. ;)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: Way to go Bob !!! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Glad you and Anita made it home safe and managed a good deed en route, to boot! :cooler:

Dusty ... EH!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,867 Posts
imported post

Way to go Bob, that's what riding in the wind is all about.

It don't matter what the other feller is riding. If he is broke down, he is a friend that needs a helping hand.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

EH Bob , You will be rewarded along the way for your kind deeds .Glad you got home safe ,I sent a warning to the Canadain Immigration that Mr and Mrs Tricky were on the way ,I think they have closed the border in an attempt to keep him out :cheeky1::cheeky1:

Say Hi to Anita and tell her Fabienne has stopped shopping now and I am out on the street singing to raise the funds to take all the shopping home :D

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Way to go, Bob! Good on ya.....!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Well done Bob!! I'm sure that guy will be telling that story for years. Glad you're home safe. Enjoyed seeing you guys again and riding with you.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.