1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPECIAL OFFER
SAVE 10% NOW

Use code: FALL10 at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.
expires 11-30-2020

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
None listed for GL1500

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they have several for the GL1500

ask gary and betty if they can honor that discount?

·
Administrator
27,106 Posts
How does it work in the rain? I need a new windshield and for most of the time that would be nice but once in a while I get caught in a rain. The stock shield does a pretty good job of keeping me dry.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the rain?

I just raise it up to the top most position, and set the slope so the water goes over my helmet

·
Registered
42 Posts
In the rain?

I just raise it up to the top most position, and set the slope so the water goes over my helmet
But what about the water coming UNDER the windscreen? The stock screen is continuous from the headlight to the top of the screen, the Madstad has a gap and that is what concerns. When I ride long, I sometimes get caught in some pretty fierce storms and though I don't expect a windscreen to keep me dry in these conditions, I don't need nor want rain coming from the dashboard area. This is what keeps me from getting a Madstad.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is that Airflow, between the two shields, that carries that water right over your head, it works, believe me, I have a Madstad.
Best windshield money I have ever spent.

You are thinking like a normal windshield, where the outer shield ( a single pane ) is what directs the airflow over you.

It does not work that way, the Laminar Airflow between the two shields is what does the job.

·
Administrator
27,106 Posts
SPECIAL OFFER
SAVE 10% NOW

Use code: FALL10 at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.
expires 11-30-2020

That discount code works but they get it back on the shipping.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought mine thru CycleMax

·
life is good
1,189 Posts
as far as wind buffin goes are these wind screens better than a tulsa tall. or another way of saying it. do you get a better riding time as far a better wind screen on a mustad than a tulsa tall . i like the tall no buffing i am five foot ten tall. i like the tulsa tall.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, I have owned 3 Tulsa Tall windshields, and the Madstad is far better than any of them in my opinion. on a '94SE, '98SE and my '02 1800.

The Tulsa Tall puts you in a hot oven cocoon, that makes me sweat badly... They totally block all air from touching your helmet, causing that to be an oven w/o any airflow through it.

with the Madstad, I can change the way it works to fit the current needs.

with the Madstad, I can adjust the airflow so that my helmet gets air into the vents and keeps my scalp cool.
at the same time, I can see over the top of the Madstad..... until you ride with one for a few 100 miles, you will not appreciate the difference.

·
1,768 Posts
Because of John's recommendation, I thought I would try one.
BUT shipping to Denmark is $ 113.84 and before I can get the package delivered I have to pay 10% custom, and then 25% sales tax and a fee of about $ 20!
When I finished calculating, I actually thought my OEM honda screen was very good:D

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
662 Posts
Is sales tax in Denmark 25% on everything?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What if "I" were to buy the Madstad and have it shipped to you as "a gift".
do the tax diggers still claim their ounce of ogre?

·
Administrator
27,106 Posts
You can bet on it.

·
1,768 Posts
I'm not sure, but a package of that size will definitely attract their attention. I have previously had problems with packages that the authorities thought were too cheap (for example, used "final driven gear" from the US).
BUT thank you very much for your idea.

·
Administrator
27,106 Posts
SPECIAL OFFER
SAVE 10% NOW

expires 11-30-2020

I don't suppose you have seen a new code for December?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No,
I have not, but then I have not been looking...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts