Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=left]There is sponsored ride out in aid of the Paediatric Unit of Wexford General Hospital on next Sunday the 24th October. It starts at Wexford general hospital and finishes at the Farmers Kitchen restaurant in Wexford. The route includes New Ross, Enniscorthy, Bunclody, Ferns, Gorey, Courtown, Kilmuckridge, Blackwater and back into Wexford. Last year it finished up by doing a tour of the streets of Wexford town, which were thronged with people attending the opera festival and thisgave it a great atmosphere due to the narrow streets. The festival is on again next weekend. The event is due to move off from the hospital at 10 o’clock andas I do not have the final details yet I will give an update in the next day or so. If you need further details or sponsorship cards contact 0868173845

:walker:See you all there:walker:[/align]
[align=left]

INSURANCE CERTS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER
[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Update for Sunday:

Registeration at the hospital from 9 oclock with tea and coffee served. Move off at 10 sharp and a refreshment break in Gorey. Everyone that registers will get a ticket that will entitle them to a subsidised meal for €10 in the Farmers Kitchen restaurent after the run Total milage for the day is about 120 and a stop in every town while the buckets are doing the rounds and finishing with a tour of the streets of wexford, then on to the Farmers Kitchen (Rosslare road)for food and music. If you do not have a sponsorship card dont worry and just turn up on the day. A donation and/ortoys would be very much appreciated for this worthy cause.

[align=center]Remember to bring your valid insurance certificate as you cannot register without it.[/align]

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

See ya there ,I am trying to gather up a few from the gorey area ,,have the tea ready ...:waving:cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Why do ya need to bring your insurance cert (we are talking about the bike insurance aren't we)? We don't need to produce insurance certs to ride on public roads before we go and ride so why would we want to show them to non-Gardai just to ride on roads we are entitled to ride on anyway. Is there any benefit to bringing our insurance certs with us, ie is the run being covered by an insurer anyway?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Eamonn ,I think the reason for showing your cert is because there has been many problems in the past with people turning up on these runs on bikes that are neither taxed nor insured and causing problems for the people who organise these charity events also I think by law you have to show licence or insurance to hjoin one of these runs ,,I had to produce my licence for the bubblegum run last year ,,If you have insurance you have nothing to worry about ,I personally think it is a good idea ,,it stops the cowboys from turniing up ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Eamon, Ciaran is correct and I think that the organiser (MAG in this case -- and they should know the finer points on liability) must have it in their rules that bikeinsurance must be produced before the rider is allowed to sign on. I have been on runs and forgot my insurance and the organisers would not take money or toys until after the run, therefore they are not responsible for you as you have not signed on.

Anyone coming through New Ross on the way to Wexford can meet at the Dunbrody ship on the Quay New Ross at 8.45 and we will head down together. Once again the start is, Wexford General Hospital on the New Ross road out ofWexford town.

:walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Eamonn , there has been many problems in the past with people turning up on these runs on bikes that are neither taxed nor insured I think by law you have to show licence or insurance to hjoin one of these runs ,it stops the cowboys from turniing up ...Ciaran
This is a great idea. :clapper:The organisers have their head well screwed on. :clapper:This is not a legal requirment but the organisers have set the rules. :clapper:It's a pity that something like this cannot be drawn upby the government to keep uninsured,:baffled: untaxed, :stumped:and unlicenced :XCowboys of our roads. Have a nice day and I hope you all raise plenty of ££££££££££ for this charity.:clapper:

:18red: :walker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.