Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here's a picture of Oregonwinger (Bob) pointing to the super atomic electronic deer alert cannon on his new 1800. The thing works so well it repels Bob when he turns it on. It's so loud he can hear the squeal of the thing when he's riding down the road.

To prevent rattling his fillings out of his teeth he's going to have to invent a deer scanner to trigger the electronic deer alert when a deer is nearby. The worst part of that would be the initiation of a new thread called "deer scanner," the thought is more than a strong man can bear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

I am not going to reply to this one. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: :grinner:

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
imported post

I once showed a hunting buddy how to stop deer when they were running. We kicked up three does, and they took off lickety split. I let out a shrill whistle. When they heard it, they stopped in their tracks.( He is a farm boy who thought I was a city kid. I keep teaching him all kinds of tricks and it just amazes him.) If deer react to a shrill whistle like that, what do you think a supersonic whistle will do? No deer whistles on any of my machines!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I knew about stopping deer in their tracks with a sudden loud noise, I've watched deer walking and there's a crash of thunder and they stop and look around.

I hadn't made the connection to deer alerts, however.

If someone could suggest a way to sound a deer alert while stationary I would be happy to investigate this matter next time I am vegging out at the cabin.

All in the interests of science and the well-being of fellow forum members, of course.

·
Administrator
57,521 Posts
imported post

I think Deer Alerts just attract the deer. I used to have a company truck that had four deer alerts mounted on it. That truck took out 3 deer in one week on a back road in Utah up near Park Valley (northwest corner of state).

In the 3 months I drove that particular truck, it killed 5 deer. They usually would hit the side packs which being Koenig brand, had very square, very strong frames. No damage to the truck in every case.

I think the deer hear the whistle and look up to see what it is. Then they jump in front of you almost invariably.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
If someone could suggest a way to sound a deer alert while stationary I would be happy to investigate this matter next time I am vegging out at the cabin.

All in the interests of science and the well-being of fellow forum members, of course.
Try this: take a deep breath, pucker up...and BLOW INTO IT!!! :cheeky1:

(Please be sure to let us all know how THAT worked out...inquiring minds...) :waving:

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

Well, here in Fartkansas, we have a way to take care of them pesky deer, put them on drugs!

Gene:waving:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.