Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the difference between the ECM/ECU #38770-mca-305 and the replacement by Honda # 38770-mca-p00. The 305 is available at 1/2 the price? Mine is a 2003 GL1800 non-abs. :?

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Ron, Part number 38770-MCA-305 was replaced by part number 38770-MCA-P00.

HDL has the same price for both part numbers: 673.53

Partzilla has the same price for both part numbers: 577.31

We have purchase a lot from Partzilla, good service and prices.

Where did you see the "305" for 1/2 the price of the P00...???:shock:

Anybody know the difference between the ECM/ECU #38770-mca-305 and the replacement by Honda # 38770-mca-p00. The 305 is available at 1/2 the price? Mine is a 2003 GL1800 non-abs. :?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron, Part number 38770-MCA-305 was replaced by part number 38770-MCA-P00.

HDL has the same price for both part numbers: 673.53

Partzilla has the same price for both part numbers: 577.31

We have purchase a lot from Partzilla, good service and prices.

Where did you see the "305" for 1/2 the price of the P00...???:shock:

Amazon @ $292.00 check this please & let me know your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
The reviews on it sounded good. I don't know what upgrades Honda may have made on the replacement part or what they may (or may not) affect.

The only thing I can think of is there must have been some reason why Honda did a replacement.

You could possibly contact your local Honda dealership, have them check with the Regional District Service Manager, those guys usually know (or can find out) why upgrades are done.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reviews on it sounded good. I don't know what upgrades Honda may have made on the replacement part or what they may (or may not) affect.

The only thing I can think of is there must have been some reason why Honda did a replacement.

You could possibly contact your local Honda dealership, have them check with the Regional District Service Manager, those guys usually know (or can find out) why upgrades are done.
OK, thanks. Thinking someone already found out?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts

For the most part the first five digits are the part, the next three are for the model(s) that it fits and the last three for where it was made.

There are of course exceptions but if the first five digits match it's likely the same part.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Yep, there are always exceptions, I have know of some.........!!!

For the most part the first five digits are the part, the next three are for the model(s) that it fits and the last three for where it was made.

There are of course exceptions but if the first five digits match it's likely the same part.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, there are always exceptions, I have know of some.........!!!
Knock sensor replaced = no change so I decided to buy the newer part #38770-MCA-P00 computer at the higher price just to be sure after reading the info and experience listed on this site!
Ron

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Ron.
The original part did the job for eleven years so why do you think the upgraded? part would be better?

Just saying.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ron.
The original part did the job for eleven years so why do you think the upgraded? part would be better?

Just saying.
Not really sure, no one came up with an answer but the 01 > 03 had a recall on the original b/c of fuel mixture & overheating. I only want to do this 1 time. Thanks for the response. Ron
;)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just picked up the trike with the new ECM. FI light stayed off, idle was smoother, no stalling at stop as before. Now to figure out tires, head shake & cramped riding position. But, I think I'll take a trip or at least a long ride before anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.