Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Main fuse block on 76GL

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  geiser45 
#1 ·
imported post

Just picked up a 76 GL and started to check every thing out. First off the main fuseblock crumbled in my hand. Is there a parts store i can pick up one or do i need to:stumped: order an original ? Thanks

#5 ·
imported post

pick up a 30Amp blade fuse unit that has the wires coming out of each side. Make sure it's the better one with the 12g wires. Crimp an eyelet on each wire and attach them to where the dog bone was.

#6 ·
imported post

geiser45 wrote:
Just picked up a 76 GL and started to check every thing out. First off the main fuseblock crumbled in my hand. Is there a parts store i can pick up one or do i need to:stumped: order an original ? Thanks
Just to clarify the part in question. Just exactly which fuse are you talking and it's location on the bike. Is this the main dogbone fuse to the rear of the battery or the fuse block that holds all the smaller fuese for the circuits?

#7 ·
imported post

I used a Electrical Connection Universal Power Plate as an accessory fuse box on my Bandit 1200 and was very happy with the results. There doesn't seem to be any reason that this couldn't be used as the main fuse block for your Wing. A benefit would be the upgrade to blade fuses. Of course, this solution is more expensive than someone giving you a free stock box.

#9 ·
imported post

geiser45 wrote:
I am talking about the 30 amp main blade fuse.
In that case you can pick up any in-line blade style fuse holder rated for 30 amps and splice it in where that dogbone fuse was at. Solder it in good and use heat shrink tubing to insulate it with.

#11 ·
imported post

If you just want the fuse ..Honda still sells them some dealers even carry them..they are usually 1 or 2$'s.

But quick fix is a blade fuse socket with eyelets jsut screw the two eyelets on to the screws that held the dog bone in place and your are done..be sure it's a 30 amp BLADE HOLDER. It really is a better fix than the original fuse.

#12 ·
imported post

Thanks for all the responses to my question. I installed an inline blade fuse and it done the trick. Yes i will change the timing belts and all the other things that need to be done after a long unknown sit. Hope i can give some help to someone after this project is done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.