Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My carbs have 145 main jets in it. The rebuild kits I purchased have 145 and 140 main jets. I was wondering what most of you out there are using? I plan on running the 145s and maybe try running it up through the gears at the airport up to 3rd wide open to almost redline the killing it and coasting to a stop and reading the plugs and going from there. I have been playing with the bike trying for better mileage . At the carb rebuild was I found that all 4 of the air cut off valves were stuck and the diaphrams rotted out they looked like screen doors I replaced them with out breaking apart the intake log it isn't really that hard to. I've read where if the air cut off valves are bad the bike will back fire but I never heard mine do that. I usually get 28 to 32 mpg no matter if its in town or on the highway. Maybe the cut off valves will help. I have the carbs sync. to with in 1"hg of each other timing is good valves are set brakes do not drag and tires are aired up to the limit for 2 up riding. It's in the mid 70's today and I need to go try the bike out and see what mileage I'll get and maybe if I don't get to lazy I will try the airport thing we have a cookout going on at our hanger today. You all out there in Wing land watch out for small vw powered airplanes. Norman Pothandle of Texas

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

I'd stick with the 145s as the problems are probably caused by other things such as the cutoff valves. The bike usually pops instead of backfiring when the valves seize up.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

norman wrote:
You all out there in Wing land watch out for small vw powered airplanes. Norman Pothandle of Texas
Not to mention the 1/2 VW powered ones too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.